kit bag??

maxxis35

It may be a none essential item for a days CSR but what do you gents take for a comp, at Diggle unless I missed it the CSR boys didn't stop for food,is it done on the go, with this in mind I'm looking at some sort of shoulder bag for food ammo and waterproofs, the Maxpedition stuff looks good.any advice as I don't want to over do the kit like I do when using the black powder rifle, but at the same time leave myself wanting something left at home.

Many of us just use an Eberlestock pack, I have a Phantom 2

We do stop for lunch at Bisley

Hi Badders just looked at those Eberlstock bags, looks like you can get your whole day in one bag which seems the best approach, where can I obtain one from and how much.

It may be a none essential item for a days CSR but what do you gents take for a comp, at Diggle unless I missed it the CSR boys didn't stop for food,is it done on the go, with this in mind I'm looking at some sort of shoulder bag for food ammo and waterproofs, the Maxpedition stuff looks good.any advice as I don't want to over do the kit like I do when using the black powder rifle, but at the same time leave myself wanting something left at home.

Hi

Someone is selling a G3 phantom on pigeonwatch

for £220

Geordie

Good God! I know that this long range shooting game was a bit pricey, but £200 to £300 for a holdall seems, well, no offence, damned ridiculous. Look around for a fishing holdall. A tenth the price for something you are going to cart around, dump in mud and get filthy. They come in all sizes, loads of pockets, and will do the job nicely. :)

Good God! I know that this long range shooting game was a bit pricey, but £200 to £300 for a holdall seems, well, no offence, damned ridiculous. Look around for a fishing holdall. A tenth the price for something you are going to cart around, dump in mud and get filthy. They come in all sizes, loads of pockets, and will do the job nicely. :)

Is easy to get carried away I've already got a nice gunbag, so I will just get a shoulder bag to do the job.

Might I suggest a trip to you nearest ex army store or browse online for the issue camelback. I got an ex Afghanistan one (complete with sand) for £20 they have molle tabs on the back and hold a 3l bladder (not included with mine). It is a decent size and well made. I think its this one http://shop.camelbak.com/Military-Tactical/mil-tac-hawg/d/1163_c_401_cl_3612

Buy cheap , buy twice.

There is a reason Eberlestock,s are used by professionals...they are the best.

I,ve had mine for 2 years , and its in use most days of the week , carting customers guns, and my own to the range or workshop. Never had a gun damaged in it. I,ve overloaded it to the point I could hardly swing it onto my back, and none of the fasteners nor the harness system suffered at all. I cant say that about the other cases I own.

Shoot on a range like Diggle where you are walking up hill and down dale, and you soon get to appreciate the system.

Plenty of room for an emergency pie or two. :D

Buy cheap , buy twice.

Wise words that I haven't yet mastered. However, it's a different matter when you can buy cheap and buy ten times and still be ahead of the game. With a little care, I believe it's often possible, in some goods, to get equal or even better value, and still save a shedload of money. But, if you choose to spend large amounts of cash and the goods in question turn out to be rubbish, which has happened to me a couple of times, then that is likely to be very annoying. :(

For me, a careful selection of a less expensive item can pay dividends.

Camelback are not exactly cheap the cost saving on my part was buying used. I cannot account for its treatment prior to purchase but I've had it stuffed to overflowing, weighed down with ammo water etc and not managed to kill it yet. if all you want is a daysack its good value.

As a fellow Yorkshireman I'd of thought you'd appreciate that ;)

Another +1 for the Eberlestock.

If you look on ebay you can occaisionally pick them up cheaper. I've been abusing mine (Gunslinger) for about 2 years now. It is great for lugging rifles and kit. One of the best bits of kit I have. For places like WMS and the quarry shoots where you are mobile all day with all your kit, food, water etc you can't beat them in my opinion.

Until I started shooting PR At Diggle I thought the Aim 40 was the dogs. Whilst they are very good I now know they don't have enough storage for everything you need. Personally I don't want a second hand bag to be carrying around whilst I have something on my back. Hence the Aim will go on the shelf and now looking for an Eberlestock as they carry everything you need. And given the weather at Diggle you need lots !

Who sells these Eberlstock bags in the UK and what's the best for a short rifle.

Nobody keeps stock of them as far as I know. You may be lucky and pick up a 2nd hand one every now and again.

Go to Edgars and pay way too much and wait 6 or 7 weeks or go back to post #4... Contact Ceylon and he will sort you out... ;)

Archived