.349" at 600yds.... impossible?

gun nut

Mate rang me today to say he'd seen "a .349" group some boy in America shot at 600yds". My reaction was to say he'd got his facts mixed up, nobody could shoot under 1/2" at 600yds! Then I found this

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/05/amazing-wagner-shoots-0-349-50-2x-group-at-600-yards/

I thought at 4" at 600 I was going well :(

Mike

its true sure enough and ive spoken the a third party who witnessed it in person

Mate rang me today to say he'd seen "a .349" group some boy in America shot at 600yds". My reaction was to say he'd got his facts mixed up, nobody could shoot under 1/2" at 600yds! Then I found this

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/05/amazing-wagner-shoots-0-349-50-2x-group-at-600-yards/

Mike

almost in the hillbilly class...

gbal

"Luck favors the Prepared"

It probably had that element, but the guy still had to make the call when to sqeeze the trigger. The fact that he was shooting a proper rifle in a registered match shows that he was ready when Lady Luck kissed him on the cheek. JMHO ~Andrew

Mike

Fantastic group! And you can bet he got 'em all off in under 15 seconds! UK record is 1.33 inches.

Fantastic group! And you can bet he got 'em all off in under 15 seconds! UK record is 1.33 inches.

His son has shot .711 in a 1.65 aggregate
and friend .699,apparently...
IBS LG...

Gbal

His son has shot .711 in a 1.65 aggregate

and friend .699,apparently...

IBS LG...

Gbal

I think I read that his son held the Light Rifle record for a while. Obviously not a bunch that picked it up on a lark. They seem serious! :)

15 Seconds! I'll bet he found his hole in the wind and quick work of it!~Andrew

That's every shot into a 5p coin - put one in front of you and just look at it! FFS

I'd be happy with that group consitently at 100yards!

T

That's every shot into a 5p coin - put one in front of you and just look at it! FFS

I'd be happy with that group consistently at 100yards!

T

+1 on that

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently the thief broke into his pickup and stole the record setting rifle and another one.

For those who are into conspiracy theory, then you may think that it was a set up job, but it seems there was a spate of vehicles broken into in that area at the same time.

The guy who shot the record must be feeling very sick right now! Can you blame him? Hope he gets it back in one piece.

Archived