The Great Diggle Egg Shoot

The Gun Pimp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this rate, I wont be there, S&B are happily sat on their arses with my scope now for 6 weeks without a word of either quotation or a report of whats happening. The one shoot each year that I aim to actually use my own kit at for which I have reliable data and at this rate a 6x42 scope to go on top.

Thanks gunny but i really look forward to actually using my own kit and having no scope kind of ruins it. I wish id bought the Kahles after the test to be honest, i have given up interest with S&B. i could have sorted some new data, im quite happy to have changed to FFP and mRads but hey ho. I have other stuff i could bring anyway but my 260 has a good record on the groundhog and a 3rd time would have been sweet.

Thanks gunny but i really look forward to actually using my own kit and having no scope kind of ruins it. I wish id bought the Kahles after the test to be honest, i have given up interest with S&B. i could have sorted some new data, im quite happy to have changed to FFP and mRads but hey ho. I have other stuff i could bring anyway but my 260 has a good record on the groundhog and a 3rd time would have been sweet.

mmm could you be feeling the preasure and making excuses.. :P

mmm could you be feeling the pressure and making excuses.. :P

Chris,

I,ve just bought a s/h 5-25 x 56 ffp MOA s+b, its sat in a "o" cant Spuhr mount. You are quite welcome to borrow it if you want to call in and collect it. :)

Thanks for the offer dave but dont worry, i have a 4-16pmII i could use if i nick it off a gun thats on test at the moment.

The point im trying to get across is just this once i would have liked to ise my own kit. Its a bit like a 'holiday' if you get my meaning. I got to take my own 222 out last week and it was so refreshing not to be load developing or zeroing, i just got to go SHOOTING and id like to bave had the same with my 260 for the groundhog.

This is diverting the thead now but for those that havent done the shoot before here is a bit of advice,

Your cold bore shots at 100 yards will give you HALF the points you are likely to score on the groundhog for all three distances so make sure you have a solid 100 yard zero, every year everybody gets hung up on the 500 yard egg shot but a half inch group in the head will give you 45 points which alone will put you half way up the entire scoreboard if you dont shoot another shot all day.

you can have a go with my ai if thats any good to you happy to be of any assistance if that helps

Er - no borrowed guns at the Egg Shoot - it's all about judging the wind - not letting your mate shoot it first then hand you the gun!

I am hoping to bring a carload up from Norfolk if ok with you Vince, What time do we need to be at Diggle if we can come.

Dorg

I am hoping to bring a carload up from Norfolk if ok with you Vince, What time do we need to be at Diggle if we can come.

Dorg

That's great! I like to get out on range by about 9.30ish - but I never do! Ideally, registration around 9.15 please. Entry Fee will be a fiver, plus for non-members there's a £15 range fee.

Dorg

A car load of what?

inbred- one eyed- web footed- hunch backs- :wacko::wacko: ---and thats just the women ;)

spud has told us all about your neck of the woods.

That's great! I like to get out on range by about 9.30ish - but I never do! Ideally, registration around 9.15 please. Entry Fee will be a fiver, plus for non-members there's a £15 range fee.

so that's twenty quid for non members?

Yes. We do try and give as much back as possible in prizes - there is money for the three stage wins, small groups at each distance and £100 if you break the egg!

That reminds me, im still owed a fiver :-)

Thanks guys :D

I messed up with elevation at 500 (the barrel is still speeding up while running in) although was on (non scoring area of target), new build F Class rifle is shooting well.

Vince and Paul did very well to crack the egg.

Thanks to Vince, Jeanette and the "butt crew" for their efforts to make the day run very smoothly - it was fun

Anyone have pics?

Thanks guys :D

I messed up with elevation at 500 although was on (non scoring area of target), new build F Class rifle is shooting well.

Vince and Paul did very well to crack the egg.

Thanks to Vince, Jeanette and the "butt crew" for their efforts to make the day run very smoothly - it was fun

Anyone have pics?

Yup - got pics of every shooter - share soon - plus results!

Archived