MQC 06/04/2013

Swamp Donkey

Pics, writeup, come on guys get out of bed and get on with it!!

Pics, writeup, come on guys get out of bed and get on with it!!

It's pretty poor you know.

We had our CSR league match yesterday, and already we have match reports, feedback, pics and even have all the results collated and mailed out to all entrants.

You guys are slacking

Firstly a huge thankyou to everyone for making the event run smoothly. Having a group of such competent shooters and helpers makes an event like this a pleasure to run.
Secondly, an even bigger thankyou to all who contributed prizes. TerryH, Alan Wey, Tom Ulman donated some cracking prizes for the winners with everyone getting something. Ewen of DTA generously sponsored the winner of the "suspended platform" challenge by covering their entrance fee and will be doing so for future MQC's ......... with some pressure to put it in the H4H box. :-)
Also thankyou to Dauntsey Guns for the firebirds and Wiltshire Shooting center for providing ammunition for the "short exposure" section.
Gareth won the trophy for the second time with some outstandingly good shooting. Congratulations to you sir :-)
Terry won the DTA challenge beating Matt by one point!
I still can't believe how lucky we were with the weather. Setting up the CoF on Friday, I was sure it was going to be a very low scoring comp with the wind playing mischief around the quarry, but it calmed down to give us a day of very welcome spring sunshine.
So another successful quarry shoot. Next one in July. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's photos :-)
Rup
Btw. £90 raised for H4H plus the £25 which I have raised from the turret bdc's.

OK first off thanks for Rupe and his team for sorting out and arranging the shoot - again very good, targets getting better (evolving nicely), sufficiently taxing COF and the weather Gods smiled on us, cool start but by lunchtime was actually first time I think I've been 'hot' this year.

As per last time no sighters and straight in with a KYL 100 yard prone. Shooters then split into two groups using your issued shooter number, each group shot simultaneous stages in close proximity, swapping before moving to next set of stages. COFs varied in distance, angle, support (off branches, thru' barricades, sideways off boulders etc.). Full use of quarry which allows shooting 'down into' and also wide arcs of fire short (about 60m) and long (300+m). Targets were steels, paper and movers (well 'peekers' would be more accurate :) ). Challenging enough without being silly. Made a few folks go think about what they practice and possibly their kit.

Gareth again showed the way with very consistent shooting thru' all stages - very well done.

Plenty of 'banter' while waiting to shooting, good group of shooters comprising wide range of backgrounds and interests with some new to 'The Quarry' who I believe enjoyed the experience?

Ref. scores and photos, well this is not a league and I hope it does not become one, the 'comp' is an on the day thing both scores and 'stature', if you win well there might be limited bragging rights and a round of applause at the time from the other shooters but that's about it. Others took photos and will no doubt post some. Feed back, AAR's etc. is direct to Rupe that way it is not polluted by external factors

Looking fwd to the next one.

Terry

Yes we'll done Rup and helpers and thanks to all the sponsors. Well done Gareth and Terry, good shooting from you both. Good banter through out the day and some good solid marksmanship. Thanks.

Ref. scores and photos, well this is not a league and I hope it does not become one, the 'comp' is an on the day thing both scores and 'stature', if you win well there might be limited bragging rights and a round of applause at the time from the other shooters but that's about it. Others took photos and will no doubt post some. Feed back, AAR's etc. is direct to Rupe that way it is not polluted by external factors

Looking fwd to the next one.

Terry

More interested in pics, scores are only relevant if you know the names, so bring on the pics :-)

Hi,

A big thank you to Rup and his team for a great day, a lot of thought and effort went into making the shoot a success. As mentioned previously, the shoot is evolving nicely. Difficult enough to be challenging but enough variety to give everyone a chance.

The weather god smiled on us with a full day of sunshine and light winds, roll on July,

Alan

Very unlikely it was me I cant group like that :ph34r: Although I did shoot like a muppet which is something I will be working on before the next one.

Rup and the boys, thanks good times and happy days and thanks all for the laughs they are superb memory makers. I now consider I have made many friends from the possy. Went home with mild toothache and a cold setting in both got worse rapidly with the raging toothache that has kept me up all night.... I'm now really knackered and seriously looking forward to the emergency dental appt tomorrow, hopefully :huh:

4BC4392B-7B59-4EF8-AD4B-753C233E87A3-170

Who owns the 4 extra holes on the bottom of my target? Own up please (number 4 maybe??)

Don't worry Gary, it was a noticeable size difference in hole sizes so scoring was fair.

Orka, you should have said about the toothache. I'm sure I got a pair of pipe grips in the boot to pull it out ;)

Big thank to Rup and team for putting on a great day out.

I have to say that Terry won fair and square on the DTA challenge but the judges were particulatly harsh with my scoring, stewards enquiry please!

Need to get one going 'tup North so to speak!

Archived