Kahles K624i reticle Mil 6

Roe

This film isn't published yet so you need the link below to see it, cannot be viewed via my Youtube side.

I've been testing a Kahles K624i for a couple of weeks now and it is a brilliant scope it seems. It caught my eye as it scored top points for optical qualities in a laboratory test conducted by Vapentidningen. I like the scope so much I regret buying my S&B PMII 3-20x50. The glass and turrets on the Kahles simply feels superb and it weighs in same as the PMII.

I here test the Mil 6 reticle. It is absolutely rubbish, get the Mil 4 which is good.

The holdover christmas tree is spaced 0,25 MIL (!!!), covers up the target and during recoil it turns the sight picture into a blur. The centre aiming point with the arrows are actually quite brilliant in daylight, very easy to work the wind FAST and very QUICK to verify a sight picture with the aiming dot. For precision, I don't think I've shot the combination faster/ tighter before. But the dot disappears too easily and isn't very well suited to twilight use or hunting. Turning on the light just puts too much light on your eye, it doesn't really bring the aiming dot up.

Also repeating some basic marksmanship. How to use a bipod, how to put your head down on the rifle, how to hold your rear bag.

FILM: Kahles K624i

I have to agree, the Kahles is superb in every aspect.

If i could pick a fault, it would be that the turret is not resettable to attain the full two revolutions above zero. You have to adjust via MOA in your rail. My tikka has zero cant, and uses half the adjustment. I,m going to put a 25 or even a 30 on it to make more use of the turret, though in theory, there is already enough there for 1000 yards i think.

When Schmidt and Bender decide to service the public again, they are going to get a shock. This scope is taking their sales, and rightly so.

We have had one at the plod school for about 6 months or so on test, primarily on a Ssako Trg 22. It seems at least on par with S&B. There are a couple of plus and minus features. Optics are excellent and it tracks. The top mounted parallax with definate stops every 100m is an excellent feature for us. It also does not have the baffle tube effect like the S&B (5-25x56) at lower mags. The fine mildot reticule is very well liked. 3 things which would be nice to see - closer parallax than 50m (S&BB manage to get down to 10m). A way to lock the ocular diopter adjustment. Bigger click on the elevation turret - I know it is a balancing act between getting all the elevation in 2 revs.

David.

I have to agree, the Kahles is superb in every aspect.

If i could pick a fault, it would be that the turret is not resettable to attain the full two revolutions above zero. You have to adjust via MOA in your rail. My tikka has zero cant, and uses half the adjustment. I,m going to put a 25 or even a 30 on it to make more use of the turret, though in theory, there is already enough there for 1000 yards i think.

When Schmidt and Bender decide to service the public again, they are going to get a shock. This scope is taking their sales, and rightly so.

Baldie,

resettable to attain.... that is not possible on any instrument.

get real.

edi

Ds1, good to hear from you and interesting to hear you are testing the Kahles. I've just put one on a 243 and with a 20moa rail I have 16 mils elevation with a 100mtr zero. Like you say the parallax adjuster under the elevation turret is superb and so is the glass. If they could make the scope with a 10 MTR parallax like you say that would be a big improvement. What reticle are you using, I'm using a mil4 and find it very good especially the illumination.

Guys watch this space,

DTA have co-ordinated with Kahles to produce a co-brandedscope.

This will include the K624i model with the DTA reticule, (Wait an see, you will get first glimpse here :rolleyes: ).

I cant wait to get these on my rifles as this is the first scope I will happily swap out my MSR S&B's for.

regards

Ewen

This scope would be certainly an option for me if I were to move away from the Schmidt I have (4-16) on my "tac"rifle.

They look very very good.

Baldie,

resettable to attain.... that is not possible on any instrument.

get real.

edi

Yes it is.

The Schmidt,s are resettable by removing the turret and turning back.

Yes it is.

The Schmidt,s are resettable by removing the turret and turning back.

Scopes have a spindle, up down only a certain ammount of travel.

That Kahles has about 8.5 feet at 100m, seems similar to the Schmidt.

edi

Yes, quite correct Edi.

The point being that on a schmidt, you zero the scope within those 8.5 feet of "turret turn" then you slacken the screws, remove the turret, and refit it, just behind or ahead of the stop pin. Then without tightening the screws, you can turn the turret back to the start of the two full turns, without disturbing the original zero. You then simply lock the screws there, and you then have two full revolutions of the dial, within the eight or so full revolutions of the scopes spindle.

You cannot do this on the kahles, because while the turret has grub screws to slacken and wind the turret back to zero with, the internal stop cannot be overidden because the turret cap does not physically lift off.

Aha, see what you mean.

Would just mean you would either never reach your second turn or it would be less clicks

on the second turn. Wouldn't add any extra height adjustment to the scope.

Kahles at least show's you where the mid position of the scopes adjustment is and how much travel you have left.

Either way it's better to get the rail to the right position and angel in the first place at

least one would have near to full range of the scopes adjustment.

I just can't wait to get my new rifle together which will have my Kahles on top.

edi

Roe, do you have any more details on the superchrono? It looks easy to use and less trouble than a traditional chrony. How accurate do you find it? Thanks.

Blog 53 and 55 shows the superchrono? I have two Kurrzeit chronographs waiting for custom clearance now so will be able to say something more definitive shortly.

Archived