Cuffing a 308 load -155 scenar 20" barrel

brown dog

Fellows, still haven't had an opportunity to fire the new AW :unsure:

Conscious of the comp rushing up next week and need to knock some rounds together with no time for load development.

My standard load for 24" AWP barrels was:

OAL 72.9mm or 2.87"

46gr n140,

155 scenar

Fed 210M

giving 2940fps

The AWP barrels shot 'fast'; I believe they may have had deliberately undersize bores; I used to find that on a hot day I was tiptoeing along the edge of the pressure precipice.

Right; now on a 20" barrel. I'm thinking of just chucking the same load together on but on 45.5gr N140

Guessing that should run around 2800.

Anyone got any alternate takes?

Go with same 46 g load and you will be in the region of 2830 and a speed the scenar likes

DTA

Thanks Ewen, I can't get close to modeling my original load in Quikload without an RDX/TNT warning symbol appearing; you ever QL modeled them?

What col are you managing to get it down to, im guessing you have a lot of compression on the powder?

Not a clue what the oal length is!! I know i should but it's off the lands so extracting a live round isn't a problem and they fit in the mag.

I just leave the seating die alone and just load them. The load is compressed but have never had a blown primer during hot weather and no pressure signs on the primers

Not a clue what the oal length is!! I know i should but it's off the lands so extracting a live round isn't a problem and they fit in the mag.

I just leave the seating die alone and just load them. The load is compressed but have never had a blown primer during hot weather and no pressure signs on the primers

That's proper reloading! No fannying: fekk it; Fire! :)

Barry: Thanks for the AE data

My usual load is (was) 46g V140, 2.850" (OAL) under 155 Sc.

Tick tock waiting till December / Jan arrival....... did I tell you what was coming.......:lol:

Its an AW.....

A 20 mm cannon case would fit it..... :lol::lol:

I,ve seen Barnsley whores with tighter holes. :lol:

Dave your subtle mastery of language is always a joy!

Tick tock waiting till December / Jan arrival....... did I tell you what was coming.......:lol:

Is it a Karcher pressure cleaning lance by any chance?? :-)

Good day BD

I have a 20" AIAW in 308 and have performed an OCW using 155gr scenar over Varget with excellent results.

See link for info-

http://practicalrifler.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=7611&highlight=#7611

47.6gr of Varget rules!

Cheers

Mike O

A wallis and Grommet ?

• 8 months later...

Archived