Nightforce let down

BR 700

I've got a nxs 8-32x56 on order for the past 6 weeks, I'm now being told it may be another 4-6 weeks, so back to the drawing board.

Do I go S&B PMII or Zeiss 6-24x72? not had any contact with either, or any other suggestions?

It's to be mounted on a 6br when baldie has finished it, mainly for fox and vermin shooting, and with the intension of having a go at paper punching.

Thanks B

personally i would wait

i hva eboth scopes and the night force is worth wainting for but im not say that the pm2 would be a bad choice either just that the nightforce will be more usable with the np22d retcile for target abnd foxing

If I had to replace my nightforce on the 6mmbr it would be with a zeiss. I would go x56 objective as the x72 is huuuuuge and really not needed unless on the continant shooting pigs under the moon where lamping is not allowed.

I can't comment on reticle though as I am aware some folk find zeiss rets a little thick at longer ranges.

I,ve had both the big schmidt,s and sold them both. The big zeiss is lovely, but only has a target turret on the elevation.

Wait for the nightforce B.

Your gun should be on the way back next week according to the proof house, and will get painted over Xmas.

I,ve had both the big schmidt,s and sold them both. The big zeiss is lovely, but only has a target turret on the elevation.

Wait for the nightforce B.

Your gun should be on the way back next week according to the proof house, and will get painted over Xmas.

Don't you just love the proof house. :rolleyes:

BR700-who did you place the order with?

seems a tad longer than i would wait.mind if the gun isnt ready then whats another week or two.

RUAG via my local dealer,

Just vented my frustration by e-mail to Nightforce, not that it will do anything!

No triggersqueezer.

The mk4 big fault is the huge change in eye relief from minimum, to maximum magnification. Its not conducive to good marksmanship having to constantly move your head backwards and forwards on the stock when shifting mag. The first, and last one i owned, i could not, regardless of what i did, get a clear image right to the edge of the picture.

I turned down a nearly new 2.5 - 8 tactical model only yesterday, with the military turret for £400. It was a real bargain, but had both these faults.

Leupold dropped the ball a long time ago.

No triggersqueezer.

The mk4 big fault is the huge change in eye relief from minimum, to maximum magnification. Its not conducive to good marksmanship having to constantly move your head backwards and forwards on the stock when shifting mag. The first, and last one i owned, i could not, regardless of what i did, get a clear image right to the edge of the picture.

I turned down a nearly new 2.5 - 8 tactical model only yesterday, with the military turret for £400. It was a real bargain, but had both these faults.

thanks :lol: glad i bought two of them.i seem to get on well with them.i think if you have never had better you don't miss it.you seem very respected on here but if you diss my kit again i will reveal you tru identity. :lol: off to stroke my leupold now and tell it i love it

No triggersqueezer.

i have an old M3 on my 308 and it's superb especially as the turret matches the 168 tap ammo perfectly !

i concour that they have now dropped the ball (and gone stupid with there pricing) you can't charge top money for mediocre glass..........

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I get frustrated by my Nightforce because the glass isnt good enough for the money and the whole eye piece moves as you change mag which is annoying if you use a flip up lens cover. I would also like to be able to quickly adjust the brightness of the ret but cant. On the plus side the adjustment is very very reliable which is a major plus. I would go for the Zeiss scope next time though I think as it would suit me better.

I was very impressed with the 72mm Zeiss but it is held back by limited turret options. I liked the number 60 reticle for last light varminting though and the illuminated dot was perfect after that. Mine only had 6.8mRad adjustment on the ASV turret.

thanks :lol: glad i bought two of them.i seem to get on well with them.i think if you have never had better you don't miss it.you seem very respected on here but if you diss my kit again i will reveal you tru identity. :lol: off to stroke my leupold now and tell it i love it

I had a Leupold MK4 Tactical 8.5 - 25 LRT and I loved it.

When I bought it we tested against some s&b top end stuff of same specs in low light and it was the best on that occasion.

But I havent tried nightforce because someone said the glass isnt great ?! but that was 8 years ago or so, now

the Leupold has gone and im in the market for some new gear, and by the sound of it I should be having a look at NF again :wacko:

Have just picked up a 2.5 x 10 x 56 Illuminated Zenith from KWG in Ashford - cannot find a fault with any of it, glass is brilliant, clarity 100% and light factor is fanatastic, my first S&B, but i don't think it will be my last, very impressed all round

Archived