Rifle slips / bag

All

Christmas is coming and my zip has just bust on my old and trusted rifle bag :angry:

Mrs OA has suggested the replacement goes to the top of my Xmas list and I must agree however, here comes the rub.....

The slip / bag, call it whatever, needs to accomodate my rifle with MOD on at a cool 51".

Can anyone recommend a bag / slip ? I'm not looking for a hard case.

I would appreciate any and all comments on what you have and use or what you would recommend?

Cheers

OA

OA take a closer look at the AIm 50 inch version. This is what I have and as the others have said very good bit of kit. It comes with a detachable sock end cap thing. Maybe you could use the 50 version so it wouldn't be too unweildly with the mod poking out the end under the cap, still well protected. Take your set up to the shop and try it.

Certainly something worth looking into. You will not need the bigger version for more pocket space as the 50 has more than adequate storage. ;)

Tasmanian Tiger - excellent bags, not sure if they do one that large, but worth investigating.

thinking about it I think I will concede the need for the mod to be fitted when travelling and gofor the 50 inch version, the other plus is its cheaper too.

Another advantage OA of the 50" in my case, is the fact it only just fits across the back seats of the truck, the 60" would fit, not that I needed it anyway.

Steve

Ronin you tart, I was looking at that one. It's a pretty penny though. I have also seen a simlar one reviewed in Target shooter recently which was less money. (I don't want to use the term cheaper :D ) Not sure if it would do the same job for less.

Also now I have a TRG folder I could go for the shorty 37" B)

Hi,

AIM are good but if you really want to treat yourself try Blackhawk. They make a variety of bags that take longer rifles,

Alan

got aim and blackhawk , unless the government is paying and your jumping out of planes into 'interesting' places the aim is more than good enough and at a better price, just my tuppence

Archived