dumped foxes

22-250jock

hi guys

we were lamping early last night, pulled into the 2nd field of our usual route, lamp on, 1st fox dropped with fist shot, only to have another 3 appear one after the other with only a few minutes between them. all four dropped in turn, needless to say we were well chuffed!

thing is its rare enough for us to come across 2 charlies in a field at the same time around our patch never mind 4.

could it be possible these 4 had been dumped on our estate? has anyone else had same thing on their land. neighbouring keepers have mentioned this before but we hadnt come across it.

any thoughts

rgds jock

Been there -shot them-still ongoing -shame cos the poor bastards just sit there and dont know whats coming.At least a true country fox would have a percentage chance of reckoning up the situation, as BALDIE STATES -ARSEPCA. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AND IT WILL KEEP HAPPENING.

Not just the arsepca, there are any number of organisations, "pest control" firms ( sorry - did I mean wildlife consultants?), wildlife hospitals, etc who have dubious "relocation/release " programmes.

The wifes' cousin had one on the farmhouse patio a few years back, looking at them through the glass. It sat there, even when the patio door was opened. It was in good condition, apart from a slight hole, when I saw it.

It wasn't that long ago that a child eating fox was linked to an admitted release programme by a London Borough and I think a certain animal welfare/human hating group.

We had hoped The Abandonment of Animals Act 1960 may have been a tool to use against these pillocks, but apparently it was not designed for that purpose.

Unlike the v-max.......

hi guys

we were lamping early last night, pulled into the 2nd field of our usual route, lamp on, 1st fox dropped with fist shot, only to have another 3 appear one after the other with only a few minutes between them. all four dropped in turn, needless to say we were well chuffed!

thing is its rare enough for us to come across 2 charlies in a field at the same time around our patch never mind 4.

could it be possible these 4 had been dumped on our estate? has anyone else had same thing on their land. neighbouring keepers have mentioned this before but we hadnt come across it.

any thoughts

rgds jock

Shot severn in one 10 acre field last night, only went there because a friend of mine shot six out of his bedroom window and a neighbouring farmer shot four in his orchard in the middle of the day, normally very rare to see more than one or two. Classic case of dumping happens every year around here. the fluffy bunny brigade have no idea how cruel and stupid they are, and from my point of view certainly not sport !

In my experience, they can't wait to be first in the queue.

No matter how poor the call(er), they seem to be the ones that come in flat out, and obligingly stand in the lamp.

I used to run a lot of these with lurchers, on golf courses and playing fields etc, in my youth.

There will always be dumb foxes, especially when off their own territory, but when they appear in numbers over a short period, especially near a motorway junction, it stinks.

I would be interested to know if any of these "town" fox resonded to the squeek?

Yes I used a mouse squeek and the all came trotting over in a straight line paying no attention the the wind direction heads held high almost like a tame dog coming to its masters call.

Respond to sqweek, no! Few years ago a farmer friends wife called me in the middle of the day. Three foxes in the yard just sitting there watching. She had shouted at them and they move a short distance away but came back. Chickens and kids pet rabbit out in the back yard and the foxes were not interested. All of them were in top order but were quite simply 'lost'. A further four were lamped later in the following week. In my opinion its cruelty to release urban foxes into the countryside.

I would be interested to know if any of these "town" fox resonded to the squeek?

all 4 did respond to the squeek, although they wern't given much time to come running in (most of the foxes we see are realy switched on and dont hang around for too long)

the field is only 10 acres and backs onto houses of the small village, to say we were suprised to see them is an understatement especially after all the fireworks etc. over the past week

spoke to the keeper on next estate yesterday and he had the same thing last year, shooting 20 foxes in one field over a couple of weeks, even three legged ones that had been operated on (he could see where the leg had been shaved)

dont know what the answer is but if they keep dumping them then we'll carry on shooting them

rgds jock

Hi,

I had a conversation about dumped foxes with Robert Bucknell at the BASC Gamekeepers Fair 4 or 5 years ago. After chatting for a bit he produced a plastic bag full of fox ears that had all been tagged. These had all been shot within a couple of miles of each other,

Alan

Been there -shot them-still ongoing -shame cos the poor bastards just sit there and dont know whats coming.At least a true country fox would have a percentage chance of reckoning up the situation, as BALDIE STATES -ARSEPCA. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AND IT WILL KEEP HAPPENING.

how many years has this actually been going on by the arsepca has no one told these people they are just sending these animals to their death

and providing trained targets to be killed because they have been dumped

how many years has this actually been going on by the arsepca has no one told these people they are just sending these animals to their death

and providing trained targets to be killed in such unsporting circumstances :angry:

BOB WIND YOUR NECK IN!i get a phone call maybe twice a year from a friend who has a pheasant shoot nearby he and the other land owners around would rather me go out and "despatch "them humanley before all the local bunny bashers and wanabe "fox men" get a sniff.

and as for sporting i dont class what i do as sporting. maybe you do if thats the case crack on kid!

seems to be a lot of repots of similar stuff from all over the show, several pest controlers in my area of Kent have talked about odd foxes, often with tags or signs or surgery.

Got a call from a neighbour a couple of weeks ago to despatch a fox he had caught in a cage trap. Went over to find a fox in very poor condition with a tag in its ear!!!

8e4c32cc.jpg

What a horrible photo , can't they see what there doing , and sure as eggs is eggs he ain't the only one

BOB WIND YOUR NECK IN!i get a phone call maybe twice a year from a friend who has a pheasant shoot nearby he and the other land owners around would rather me go out and "despatch "them humanley before all the local bunny bashers and wanabe "fox men" get a sniff.

and as for sporting i dont class what i do as sporting. maybe you do if thats the case crack on kid!

gary apologies i didnt mean for that post to go as a reply to yours i meant to reply to the thread

and have re edited it as the word unsporting was a bad choice i was not trying to imply that you

or any one else is unsporting and like you i dont class it as sport

best regards BLS

gary apologies i didnt mean for that post to go as a reply to yours i meant to reply to the thread

and have re edited it as the word unsporting was a bad choice i was not trying to imply that you

or any one else is unsporting and like you i dont class it as sport

best regards BLS

No afence taken bob .I go lamping like many others and enjoy my sport but still respect Charlie . The thing that gets my back up is certain people call us wicked ,cruel and more! Then they catch Charlie in the towns , release them into the country thinking they've done them a turn , the poor sod has'nt got a clue .

No afence taken bob .I go lamping like many others and enjoy my sport but still respect Charlie . The thing that gets my back up is certain people call us wicked ,cruel and more! Then they catch Charlie in the towns , release them into the country thinking they've done them a turn , the poor sod has'nt got a clue .

i think the apology was intended for me not you GAZ.BOB apology accepted" big balls, big heart" as my old fella used to say.

Archived