20 MOA Rail

Good morning All,

As above really. I'm in the market for a rail and would like any advice.

Any recommendations ?

Don't mind buying from the U.S.A. if I must.

ATB,Nelly.

Speak to Craig at Third Eye Tactical. Excellent service,knowlage and products.

Steve.

Good morning All,

As above really. I'm in the market for a rail and would like any advice.

Any recommendations ?

Don't mind buying from the U.S.A. if I must.

ATB,Nelly.

Don't know what you're after; but EGW do a superb range; got a T3 HD with incline - key point for me was that it's longer than the action (ie it overhangs at the front) in order to give better mounting space / options.

Immaculately made. Right price. $70 for their top-end tactical, $40 for their standard. Beautifully CNCd.

Link to the tikka rails -but dig through, they have something for everything: http://www.egwguns.com/tikka/

Hi Nelly,

Take a look at Near, Farrell or EGW and decide which company offers the features you want. I have fitted all of them to customers' rifles and am currently using a Near Mfg. rail on my Rem. 5R Milspec,

Alan

Thirdeye tactical, Craig is producing the same if not better quality

than anyone across the water. You also get to keep your money in the

country and support a UK based firm at a time when every penny counts.

Craig does rails for around the £50 mark.

A great shame that people will actively look at buying from the far side of the world when there is a man in Yorkshire who has invested millions [yes millions ] in cnc machinery, and is producing the very finest quality parts.

It is a shame that no one in the UK makes stainless rail, let alone the quality, fit and finish that near mfg. manages.

If someone here could manage that then the story would be different.

My actions have stainless rails on them.

There is no reason why they couldn't be made for other guns.

We have also been having made, zero and 20 moa steel remington one piece bases made for over two years and have sold hundreds at £85 apiece. They look remarkably like the badger rails.

Well I searched for stainless picatinny rail in the UK, now only A. Rohne came back with a reply for some German made stuff with an incredible price too!

Richard at near was obliging and quick to ship.

The simple fact is I am free to choose where I spend my disposable income and I choose to buy quality, if that is not available in the UK I will find it elsewhere.

That would change if the stuff made here was of reasonable quality and price, but reality is that is not ever going to happen with the gun trades mercantile mind-set.

AitkenD have you seen Thirdeye Tactical's products, I have and the line of work

Im in does'nt give any room for poor quality products. I think your giving a very

big injustice to the type of quality that's right on your doorstep. I was'nt aware

that Baldie(Dave Wylde) from Valkyrie Rifle was making rails but Ive also seen his

actions and the work that he produces, I dont think the Yanks could do any better.

I think you'll also find that most manufacturers in the UK are also quite helpful

and obliging given half the chance.

Think we're getting a bit carried away here with the 'buy British' theme - particularly as it only seems to be being applied to rails! :lol:

None of you, of course are fitting jewell triggers (because Jackson makes UK triggers) or fitting American or German barrels (because Border makes UK barrels) or touching remington rifles etc :rolleyes::lol:

:P

AitkenD have you seen Thirdeye Tactical's products, I have and the line of work

Im in does'nt give any room for poor quality products. I think your giving a very

big injustice to the type of quality that's right on your doorstep. I was'nt aware

that Baldie(Dave Wylde) from Valkyrie Rifle was making rails but Ive also seen his

actions and the work that he produces, I dont think the Yanks could do any better.

I think you'll also find that most manufacturers in the UK are also quite helpful

and obliging given half the chance.

Sorry Fergal, that's just not my experience.

As I Said I decide where I spend my dosh!

Think we're getting a bit carried away here with the 'buy British' theme - particularly as it only seems to be being applied to rails! :lol:

None of you, of course are fitting jewell triggers (because Jackson makes UK triggers) or fitting American or German barrels (because Border makes UK barrels) or touching remington rifles etc :rolleyes::lol:

:P

I was just going to post something very similar.

Very strange to choose a rail just because it is made in the UK , then plonk it on a Remmy action - Pacnor barrel and Mc-millan stock - and consider yourself supporting UK industry. :wacko:

I would definately buy Third-Eye kit - not because it is made un the UK - but because it looks like top quality stuff.

ATB

Alan

Very strange to choose a rail just because it is made in the UK , then plonk it on a Remmy action - Pacnor barrel and Mc-millan stock - and consider yourself supporting UK industry. :wacko:

:lol:

You forgot the jewell trigger, scandinavian suppressor, devcon epoxy and atlas bipod on that 'buy British' rifle :lol:

You guys make me laugh.

You want quality and price to match the yanks ?

OK, put your money where your mouth is and give me an order for 100 of whatever rails you require [of one type and action choice] I,ll match Near,s prices.....you pay the drawing up, and developement charges for the rails.

That is what i would have to pay to produce, say, a rail for a sako 85, or a tikka 595, or a blah, blah blah.

Get real, or stop trolling.

In fact, this thread has real nastiness in it, quite obviously aimed at the rifle i posted earlier about, in an attempt to post something of interest to the readers here.

Quite frankly, i,m disgusted.

Grow up.

Dave,

You are quite right we cannot compete with the US market. The demand over the pond just dwarfs the uk industry.

I needed 4 rails for Lawton actions and just couldn't cope with the height of the Lawton rails. I searched high and low for a stainless rail. I spoke with Craig at Thid Eye, he even sent me a sample of his anodising. He just couldn't supply the product in Stainless.

9 times out of 10 most folk don't make a purchase on pricing.

Let's get a grip here. The customer pay's for the product they want.

If I can't source it in the UK, I will and do look elsewhere.

Where is the issue with that.

Also have I missed something. I can't see and link to the rifle you posted about.

Quite frankly Dave of late I really think you should change your name from Baldie to Grumpie.

My vote goes to Richard Near, he has always given superb service, particularly for what are virtually one of a kind, one piece mounts for both my Tikkas; a 595 and a 695. Quality work , and elegant, which was/is simply not available in UK or Europe at any price.

As a result, I have a brand new 3rd Eye rail drilled to suit a Tikka 695 together with a pair of new 30mm rings available at a sensible price to anyone who wants them. Nothing wrong with them whatsoever, just not what I wanted for that particular rifle. FWIW, I hasten to add that when I bought them the service received from 3rd Eye was excellent.

Archived