New TRG mmmm

Being a fan of my current sako TRG this has got me excited :D

http://www.sako.fi/

I'll put down 50p that it's just the old TRG with a gi-huge picatinny forend and the rear stock changed to a pistol grip :lol:

Couple of people on here going to the DSEi (you know who you are :P:lol: ), wonder if they'd get a couple of unattributed pics for us?!

I'll put down 50p that it's just the old TRG with a gi-huge picatinny forend and the rear stock changed to a pistol grip :lol:

Couple of people on here going to the DSEi (you know who you are :P:lol: ), wonder if they'd get a couple of unattributed pics for us?!

Hi Matt,

I'm going on the 16th, will try and get a couple of photies for you,

Regards,

Nick.

Not all change is good , I like the improvements Sako did from the 21/41 to the 22/42 models in 2000 , but the latest TRG-22/42 narrow bipod , I donot like .

Beretta , will maybe stuff it UP , just an excuse to charge MORE money for less gun , but we will see .

I really like the Sako TRG-42 , I may , r may not like the new one .

Later Chris

Davy, are your tickets still up for grabs? If so I'm sure I can find a use for them :D

They are probably still on the side in the kitchen which is not a lot of good as I am about 1000 miles away right now. We are in North Jutland for a couple of weeks which is why I did not use the tickets.... :angry:

If you are trade you are good to go at DSEi. I went two years ago and other than the long queue for security checks and vetting, everything else was pretty straight forward. Who is going this year? I am still considering going and it would be nice to meet up over a brew and put some names to faces.

Cheers,

George

Hmm...

At first glance it appears to be a little more than just a reskin of the TRG 22/42.

The more I look, the action is very familiar but with a different bolt handle, the shape of the trigger guard is familiar, polymer mags change the look, the forend with rail extending back over the action may not be continuous, folding stock is familiar.....

Based on how Sako price the folding stock as an option I doubt there will be a cost effective upgrade (?) for existing rifles.

Harris bipod has just taken £300 off the cost though :rolleyes:

trg_m10_front.jpg

I held one of them babies, as someone (in this forum) already owns one (the B********D!!!) and hasn't even shot it! He'll tell you more. It is a serious piece of kit and really nice for the range. Wouldn't like to carry one for long though...

best wishes,

Finman

I wonder if the polymer mags will be interchangeable and cost less?!

Now own up who already is in possession of one! Can't believe you kept it from us :D

TC clear your in box please.

Done but if you are begging me to take the angle grinder to your over long TRG I will need to run out for a new disc :lol:

I will also add that in my view it is a generic copy of the AX, Barrett et al based weapons systems.

Yup, but as DS1 pointed out a while back; the similarity is a result of having all gone for a particular US contract -and matching the spec has made them all look this way.

Bloomin stupid in my eyes; if they've gone this big and heavy, it should have morphed into a semi-auto - I think these assault bolt rifles are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist - I can't see what they bring to the party beyond what, say, a normal TRG brings.

Nom Nom nom....... :P

Thats nice....but thats probarbly because it looks like the new remington. :D

Its gonna be a better gun though. I dont want to know what they cost. It will be at least one kidney, and maybe a small child.

Actually , my 1st impression , was , I did not like IT , BUT that was based only on a external pic .

After having seen the guts , and how it goes together , I am now PRO the TRG M10 , and although , I will NOT like the price , I feel it does bring some good features to the table that the older model cannot.

The mags are not plastic , they are stainless steel with a plastic bottom plate .

The action , seems to use similar looking bolt , BUT the receiver is very different , the bolt locks direct into a barrel extension that is mounted on the barrel , so the barrels just slip out , the soldier in the feild can do it .

Barrels are 16, 20, 23.5 & 26 for the 308 version , and 2 forearms , short & long .

My only 2 minor gripes with IT are , no lower scope mounting for people who , 1) are not allowed the NVG & 2) cannot afford NVG .

That and the fact Sako has not come UP with a low CoG bipod for the M10 .

Later Chris

Archived