RG RIFLES ACTION

Anybody using one or have any expeirence with them?I have spoken to russ today and has what i want in stock.But at the same price as a bat i am a little bit unsure as what to buy.I would love to buy a uk action but as i have only handled the bat actions i am unsure what to go with.

Thanks sean

What are you planning ;):D

Cheers

Dave

Just sold my stolle .22.250 AI and my swift so going to have another swift built.Just can't make my mind up what action to use.I fancy something pretty.I have a alchemy in the shop which looks o.k but i really fancy something special.Does anyone know who might have a single shot bat about them?

ATB SEAN

I saw russ frist rifle on his action , when it was at diggel and its is as good as my bat, love the one piece bolt too

One of the best rifle makers in the uk has told me that these actions are among the best in the world. Russ is a great guy to deal with as well

And unless you can source a BAT in this country expect a 11 month wait.

Is there really anything to choose between the top actions? My guess is it's pretty much the same as the custom barrels, they all shoot it's just a matter of your preference.

Jackson rifles have Bat,s in stock i believe ?

Russ,s action is the most pretty action i,ve ever seen, and makes a Bat look sick. Will it shoot any better ? I doubt it.....its just nicer made.

The Alchemy was never meant to compete with the likes of these two, its a rem 700 clone, and 2/3rd,s of the price.

Ive seen an RG action, they are lovely, smooth as silk to cycle, very aesthetically pleasing.

I own and have made several rifles using BAT actions - again superb actions, just (as Ian points out) a long waiting list.

If you want a long action, magnum or standard bolt faced BAT repeaters they can be found at Jackson, but you wont get a single shot in the orientation you want.

Ive also made several rifles on Barnard P actions again superb, but they cannot be as aesthetically pleasing (pretty) as the RG or BAT.

All will shoot as well as each other, I doubt, off a machine rest (with the rifle bolted down) you would find any differences in accuracy with any rifle built on any of the above actions by someone competant.

Pricing will be different, but if your looking at a custom build using any of these, price is already well into four figures, ,,,,,

The real decision, is what you think looks best..........

The above comment is only made on the basis of a build for a BR or F Class rifle,

I can think of several other UK sourced actions I would consider for a high end custom repeater..

I spoke to callum at prs today he an order coming over soon.And he will try to tag an action on it for me if they have one available.Other than that i think it will be the rg action.Baldie i wasn't having a dig at rodgers action in fact it looks hell of alot of action for the money.I admire the fact that british guys are putting there hard earned cash into making uk actions etc.Who knows we may even one day turn back into a nation where we accually make things :rolleyes:.The only reason i am leanig towards a american action is the fact that i have had no real expierence with uk made actions.Hopefully in the future most uk made rifles will be built with home grown parts.Does anybody know whether armalon make there own barels or did i read there add wrong?

ATB SEAN

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sean, i had a rifle built by russell the beginning of this year.

I had one of his actions in right bolt/ left port and for me i

couldnt ask for anything more.

It really is a fantastic action.

Any pics?

ATB SEAN

As far as i am aware the actions are made by russ in scotland.He is quoting 8-12 weeks delivery on his actions at the moment.Think i am going to bite the bullet and place an order for a single shot action with him next week.I would like have multi flat bat but being an impatent ###### i will order one of russ's actions.I can't see any disadvantage of having a RG action all reports on them seem very favorable and damn there pretty.All i need to do now is try and convince darrel holland in states that he should send me one of his stocks.I will try and post some pics when the rifle is built.How about a post on how to down load pics and vids in idiot terms? I can't be the only one who can't use a computer.

ATB SEAN

As far as i am aware the actions are made by russ in scotland.He is quoting 8-12 weeks delivery on his actions at the moment.Think i am going to bite the bullet and place an order for a single shot action with him next week.I would like have multi flat bat but being an impatent ###### i will order one of russ's actions.I can't see any disadvantage of having a RG action all reports on them seem very favorable and damn there pretty.All i need to do now is try and convince darrel holland in states that he should send me one of his stocks.I will try and post some pics when the rifle is built.How about a post on how to down load pics and vids in idiot terms? I can't be the only one who can't use a computer.

ATB SEAN

Sounds good Sean, if problems with photo's email to me an I'll put them up for you.

Cheers

Dave

Youre looking at bat/stolle money around the £1400.00 mark.The up side is russ has some on the shelf and they just require some final finishing by him.He is quoting 8-12 weeks at the moment where as bat is 8-12 months.Dave/6mmbr E mails are they like them lady boys :blink:

ATB SEAN

Hi i have been is russels work shop when he was just starting to make actions & looking at his cnc machine's etc & he has a very nice set up. As said russel is a hell of a nice guy or thats how i found him to be. As for the actions well sorry i only have half a clue as to what im looking at at but must say the single shot/repeater & action with machined in pic rail was stunning & his bolts was all one peice. When i was there he asked me to look over his styles of bolt flutting on the actions for my input/opinion etc & told me as i asked what he was looking to price an action at & told £1000 an action but iv heard they around £1400. Must say that if i had the money i would not hesitate on one of his for a build but must say i do like the BAT's.

Well i took the plunge today and ordered a barreled action from russ gall.It will be a single shot RB/RP Jewel trigger and a 26" fluted krieger chambered in .220 swift.Hopefully it will be a shooter when it arrives.I just need to get a stock for it and try and persued Neil mckilop to bed someone elses barrel and action which should be fun.Will try and post some pic when it is ready.

Cheers sean

Archived