Diggle Fly Shoot

The Gun Pimp

Guys,

Just to remind - and invite - you all to our annual 500 yard Fly Shoot on Sunday 14th August.

We start around 10.00am and you will need 20 - 25 rounds of ammo.

Any rifle, scope, rest etc may be used.

Cheers

Vince

See you there Vince

Hope theres a good turnout from the site members.

I'm going to try and make it this year although something always gets in the way of me attending the fly shoot.

Hopefully I'll have as much success as at the egg shoot :unsure::D

Rich

Guys,

Just to remind - and invite - you all to our annual 500 yard Fly Shoot on Sunday 14th August.

Cheers

Vince

I really want to have ago at this & will deffo have to try & get down to it next year or that. Funny as i was just talking to my friend about this shoot this afternoon as i love the sound of it hope i can get down in the next year or two.

Guys,

Cheers

Vince

Hi Vince,

Heard lots of good things about the fly shoot,

I and Dan534 will be looking to come down.

Kind Regards

Rob

I really want to have ago at this & will deffo have to try & get down to it next year or that. Funny as i was just talking to my friend about this shoot this afternoon as i love the sound of it hope i can get down in the next year or two.

Vmax, I'm hoping to rustle up some interest from some guys in the 3 Tayside clubs so there may be a car going next year. Welcome to join us.

Guys,

Diggle is about 10 miles NE of Manchester. The postcode for your satnav is OL3 5LB. This will get you pretty close.

There is plenty of safe parking, toilets, kitchen facilities (but bring lunch) heated range house - but let's hope we don't need it but, if it is wet, we can shoot under cover.

Vince

Guys,

Diggle is about 10 miles NE of Manchester. The postcode for your satnav is OL3 5LB. This will get you pretty close.

There is plenty of safe parking, toilets, kitchen facilities (but bring lunch) heated range house - but let's hope we don't need it but, if it is wet, we can shoot under cover.

Vince

And a warm welcome Vince.

Vmax, I'm hoping to rustle up some interest from some guys in the 3 Tayside clubs so there may be a car going next year. Welcome to join us.

Hi yeh defo up for that & i know if i can get my brother up & going with his set up that he will be up for it & my mate fae up north. I mentioned this shoot to my mate at the Atholl SGA shoot as he was in my team & he liked the sound of it & think he will like to try his 6.5x284 at the fly.

May attend with something different tomorrow.

Straight factory 308 and maybe even the 22-250AI depending on weather.

Fun shoot after all.

:lol:

Looking forwards to it :)

Record turn-out for the 500 yd Fly Shoot today - weather 'mixed' as expected.

Congrats to Andy Massingham (Ronin) and Darrel Evans (foxing 2 night) - taking first and second in factory Class and to John Campbell for winning Custom Class.

Smallest group in Custom was a 1.737 incher from Mark Daish (284) and Andy Massingham's 2.49 incher was smallest in Factory.

I'll try and get the full results on the UKBRA website at www.ukbra.co.uk in the next couple of days.

Vince

Great day again Vince, hope your feeling better.

"Mixed" weather......, wet, moist, damp, windy and some sun would be my own description :lol:

Glad I chose to shoot factory with the 308 Blaser Tac 2....and a modest 16 power scope... :D

As always Vince a good day out!!!

Nice to see some new faces,,,

regardless of the weather!!!!

Well Done to all that got a fly patch

and to Ronin getting first place in factory class,,,,

Vince, i think that you should do two ayear???? Fantastic comp!!!

Darrel

Vince,

It was my first visit to Diggle and my first precision competition and It was great to meet up with other like minded shooters.

Coming away with a fly badge was a great bonus on top of a great day.

And to anyone that couldn't make it this year or is thinking about going next year, I cant recommend it enough.

When your looking through the scope at 500yds the target look very very small.

IMG_0605-2.jpg?t=1313358095

Congrats lads on a the UKV turn out. Ronin the .308 lives and you proved it!!! Wish my TRG had been there to give you some more cometition.....

I had planned on attending but I have only just got in from a late shift I only found out I was working at 6am Sunday morning :mad:

Well done Rob on the patch. I want one. Next year as long as there are no riots I will be trying my best :ph34r:

Just got back from up north so I'm a bit late but it was a good day despite the shocking weather.

I finally managed to make it to the fly shoot. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Must try harder to get a fly patch next year though :rolleyes::lol: .

Thanks to Vince and everyone else involved in running it and congratulations to Andy, Darrel and John.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

Archived