Vortex Golden Eagle issue?

MichalS

1 hour ago, ray said:

That works out at very close to 2% for me

You have 0.6moa extra in every 30.

That scope is as good as it gets.

True your app using all the atmospheric variables on the day and turn on vertical component of crosswind. That will most likely improve the predictions.

I’m with the gentleman above , don’t get rid of that scope it’s a keeper and as good as my Kahles 624i 

Please stop worry and start enjoying .

if 2% is really effecting your shooting you need stop stop wasting your time asking mere mortals like us here for advice . 

• 2 months later...

Belive me Mr The Gun Pimp... Michal has nothing to learn from you...He can only teach you...do not take it as offence...Michal is TOP shooter, while modest and first 2 years in F TR.

Michal, you know that o.25 MOA off is getting you out of 10 and out of 100 points. Do ignore  advises you heard...good for nothing. Our X ring is 0.25moa and 10 is 0.5.

Our competitions are not that easy in Poland as in UK.

My Vortex GE also occured bad after was checked ...I could shoot probably better in Skarzysko and Longshot.

Now I am worried if the VGE supplier will take the scope for change, as it is beyond repair and perhaps the new is still not good. Unfortunetly I have obtained second VGE before I learned about defects which are factory production failures. Mine is jumping 3 clicks every time I am zooming in and out. 

See you.

1 hour ago, Tank Hunter said:

Belive me Mr The Gun Pimp... Michal has nothing to learn from you...He can only teach you...do not take it as offence...Michal is TOP shooter, while modest and first 2 years in F TR.

Sometimes you need to do a little research on the person you're talking about, you have just made yourself look a little foolish....no offence

1 hour ago, Elwood said:

Sometimes you need to do a little research on the person you're talking about, you have just made yourself look a little foolish....no offence

I think something is lost in translation here

4 hours ago, Tank Hunter said:

Michal, you know that o.25 MOA off is getting you out of 10 and out of 100 points. Do ignore  advises you heard...good for nothing. Our X ring is 0.25moa and 10 is 0.5.

Our competitions are not that easy in Poland as in UK.

My Vortex GE also occured bad after was checked ...I could shoot probably better in Skarzysko and Longshot.

Now I am worried if the VGE supplier will take the scope for change, as it is beyond repair and perhaps the new is still not good. Unfortunetly I have obtained second VGE before I learned about defects which are factory production failures. Mine is jumping 3 clicks every time I am zooming in and out. 

See you.

Thegunpimp aka Vince Bottomley 

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011/12/bottomley-builds-a-winner-2011-euro-f-tr-champ-gun/

https://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek071.html

On 5/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, MichalS said:

I shot the test at 95m measured by laser range finder. Even if You assume +/-1m accuracy the scope is still off...

On 5/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, MichalS said:

I shot the test at 95m measured by laser range finder. Even if You assume +/-1m accuracy the scope is still off...

Most ballistic apps have a scaling field - ie you can input a fixed multiplier to compensate for your measured error.  Providing the scope has no lost motion in the mechanism and is linear then you would be sorted.

Having said all that I agree with earlier comments' - you're chasing unicorns. The errors you have are "noise" compared to atmospheric differences and wind.

Thank You all for Your input, and I wanted to give You some feedback.

As suggested, I decieded to stay with the scope as there was a considerable risk I can get one with even higher "correction factor". I wasn't aware the issue is so widespread, I guess people don't trust their shooting enough to question other factors, as I did in the beggining.

Afeter taking this "correction" into equation, and gathering some more MV/velocity data I managed to score bronze at this years Sniper (no sighters, no shot marking,  You may be lucky to see Your shots in the scope at 300m if theres no mirage) Nationals with 284/300pts, 3 point off the winner. Elevations were almost perfect, but the wind I underestimated have pushed me slightly to the left.

I'm also really proud I managed to win FTR with 298/300 (new record) and average group size of 0.543MOA for all 3 distances.

Thanks again!

Michal

sniper300.jpg

sniper600.jpg

sniper800.jpg

sniper.PNG

• 2 weeks later...