Home Made Suppressor Cover

Lads,

I was looking for a good suppressor cover to protect the paint work that Dave ( Baldy ) carried out on my One Less Charlie SS Suppressor and also to deal with heat mirage. However i don't get that much mirage from the suppressor as i don't fire quick succession rounds down range.

I looked all over for something good within the UK but i struggled. Maybe i just wasn't looking in the right place. I then went onto look from USA and there are loads to choose from but the cost of it just didn't seem practical.

Using a couple of methods of various designs i found i made my own one. I bought some fabric and got myself a sewing machine and got started. I did a prototype to see how it would look and continued to use that method. Then i thought of a couple of things i think would make it better and have now settled on this finished product. Everything is triple stitched so this cover is built to last. I have sewn on some velcro so i can attach some morale patches, obviously the patch below fits in with my " Themed " rifle built by Baldy.

Pics below.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_3215_zpsoytvtejv.jpg

IMG_3217_zpsmr5pettr.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsw5vgabf5.jpg

Thanks lads,

I am also very shocked that i still have my fingers haha

I had zero sewing skills previously but perseverance prevailed here. I took a bit of practice to make sure i could run the machine over the same line back and forth. I had a couple that i had made up previously and still have them. One of them would suit a Ase Compact mod no problem but the stitching is a bit wonky in a couple of bits but looks exactly like this one.

Yeah i could easy make a coulee for other people, i wouldn't mind doing that. I am waiting for a neighbour of mine to give me old fireman suits because i will use the heat retaining fabric on the inside to stop any heat migrating through onto the outer fabric. Mine is only made up of a thick fleece that i hacked up to give a bit of padding.

Thanks lads,

I am also very shocked that i still have my fingers haha

I had zero sewing skills previously but perseverance prevailed here. I took a bit of practice to make sure i could run the machine over the same line back and forth. I had a couple that i had made up previously and still have them. One of them would suit a Ase Compact mod no problem but the stitching is a bit wonky in a couple of bits but looks exactly like this one.

Yeah i could easy make a coulee for other people, i wouldn't mind doing that. I am waiting for a neighbour of mine to give me old fireman suits because i will use the heat retaining fabric on the inside to stop any heat migrating through onto the outer fabric. Mine is only made up of a thick fleece that i hacked up to give a bit of padding.

I'd be happy to buy a couple of those especially with a Nomex type inner.

Tony

Hi Tony,

If you want i can contact you through a DM when i have this material and i can get sizes of the mods from you ? Also the only colour i have ( for now ) is coyote brown for the outer fabric.

Perfect, no rush! Coyote is fine.

Tony

When I've bought mod covers before, they're normally half an inch too short to stop the muzzle blast tearing them. Does this fabric hold up to it?

Also interested in one if you start to sell them!

You'd never know that that is a homemade product SV, great work!!

Please put me on the list to let me know when you make some for sale as i would definitely take one!

Atb,

Joe

Thanks lads, really shocked at the level of interest in this cover. I am going to be making one for my friend but he is wanting just a basic wrap around with velcro as this one i made is a bit too " tactical " looking for his stalking rifle.

Once this one has been made i will put a couple of photos of it on here as it may suit some of you better than my one. At least that way you could have a choice.

As soon as i get the fabric for the inner part of the covers i will contact each person that has shown interest and see if you still want one. I will then get sizes of the mods and get cracking.

Craig

223shooter thanks mate. whats your username on IG ?

If you wanted one like this but wanted the ability to slide back towards the barrel for cool down i would make this without the fold over the front of the moderator. It would be finished with a neat finish at the end of the mod therefore you would just need to slacken the paracord and slide back allowing the mod to cool down. Then simply slide back on the mod and tighten the paracord.

I'm still waiting for the fireman to give me the old suits etc, if i have to wait much longer for this i may just end up buying sheets of Nomex material.

Craig

That sounds great Craig. Saw a guy with one that did just that during a competition in the states. He reckoned sliding it back onto the barrel and allowing the mod to cool after long strings of fire extended its life.

Definitely interested in one when you get the materials together!

Archived