Borden Alpine Stalker

Ronin

Lightweight Stalking rifle, based around the superb Borden Alpine short action.

Spec as follows:

Borden Alpine, stainless action, fluted bolt, sako type extractor, plunger eject.

Fitted with Wyatts extended box magazine and Sunny Hill trap door bottom metal, with necessary modifications to action and bolt stop.

Feed ramp and mag lips polished to mirror finish

Jewel trigger

Mcmillan HTG stock

Lothar Walther 8 twist stainless barrel chambered in 260 Rem with M14 x1 mm thread and protective cap

Swarowski Stalking scope and Talley rings and Bases.

Duracoated

A lovely lightweight and deadly accurate deer killing tool

DSCN4385_zpsneukqlga.jpg

DSCN4386_zpscbmkhild.jpg

DSCN4388_zpszsj2smsv.jpg

DSCN4390_zpsvwjesnfo.jpg

DSCN4391_zpsgqbegbap.jpg

DSCN4394_zpsbtysbdx7.jpg

Barrel is 24" finished

Could advise on weight as I didn't weigh it.

Its certainly light enough for the new owner to carry all day and play with fallow.

Probably right Dave, its a Rem Sporter or HTG, .....very close anyway without the adjustable cheek

Looking at the build record, its a Rem Sporter.

The HTG (non adjustable) is very similar,,,,

Andy - Your modesty and attention to detail has worked again.

I wasn't going to post this, but having seen the thread tonight, I thought that some results might be in order, as the rifle not only looks good, but it shoots very well, taking into account this mutt behind the butt.

I collected the rifle from the transit RFD yesterday, took it to the range in the afternoon, with the GS Custom loads that Andy developed, and this is the result. Shots 7, 8 & 9. I have dropped one click (5mm) and its good for me. I have a feeling that this will become the workhorse rifle for the fallow in the months to come.

GS%2095%20Gn%20-%20260%20Borden.jpg[/url]

Thanks for looking, and Big Thanks to Andy for his patience and customer service.

Best to All

T260

I wasn't going to post this, but having seen the thread tonight, I thought that some results might be in order, as the rifle not only looks good, but it shoots very well, taking into account this mutt behind the butt.

I collected the rifle from the transit RFD yesterday, took it to the range in the afternoon, with the GS Custom loads that Andy developed, and this is the result. Shots 7, 8 & 9. I have dropped one click (5mm) and its good for me. I have a feeling that this will become the workhorse rifle for the fallow in the months to come.

Thanks for looking, and Big Thanks to Andy for his patience and customer service.

Best to All

T260

Best to All

T260

Any idea of the velocity of the GS customs, looks a nice weight for some flat shooting fallow control.

I estimated with QL that they were going around 2860 Gary

I couldn't test them as my Magnetospeed was on loan at the time and the Oehler is away for a refurb.

Drop testing confirms the speeds about right, but the LTS behave differently to conventional,,,they do drop away quite sharply at distance from my own experience.

Though once thats known, its not an issue.

Archived