Reloading solutions

kip270

its been during construction for months now, they are a great shop though, dont mind dealing with them at all.

I agree,

RS has been building this ###### website since i started using them 5 year ago. The money there making!! you would have thought they would have paid someone to set up an online shop/website. I dont mind phoning them to order but i would like to see an online shop were i can just add to a basket and pay switch.

Ads ;)

One thing I find annoying is there are no prices listed

to publish prices would cause loads of work to keep the site up dated, this may be one of the reasons y they don't publish them.

i know quite a few that don't for the same reason

ATB

Colin :lol:

I second that superb but most important is the aftersales support and knowlege that is even more impressive. Aftab will help his customer to the end of the world if there is a technical problem. To be I can save a few pennies somewhere elses mail order but I wont get this kind of service anywhere else in the UK or US for that matters

London, I agree whole heartadly. Its just my prefferance to order on line instead of a phone call. Always hated speaking on the phones. :lol:

Ads

I keep a live parts database of well over 20,000 seperate part numbers, all are priced and kept up to date quite easily. Just need a decent system that can upload to the website. The secret is to work on a cost plus basis, load a fixed percentage onto the costs and that's the sell out price, maybe then have different cost plus's for volume purchase's. Then the sell price changes automatically in line with the costs. When a new supplier price comes in just change the costs, the system does the rest at point of sale.

I have had software to do this since 1987, so it is pretty old hat these days. In fairness though I know nothing about web sites but would have thought that easy price upload could be accomplished these days. How do the major food retailer's handle on line sales, their prices must change every few days. I suspect that prices for some food items normally bought at weekend even change during the week.

In fairness publishing prices can give your competitor an edge as he knows exactly where to pitch his, ie just under yours but online trading is the future for sure. I also would like to have seen prices, maybe the download catalogue is priced, not looked at it yet.

A

• 9 years later...
On 6/19/2008 at 8:50 AM, Alycidon said:

I keep a live parts database of well over 20,000 seperate part numbers, all are priced and kept up to date quite easily. Just need a decent system that can upload to the website. The secret is to work on a cost plus basis, load a fixed percentage onto the costs and that's the sell out price, maybe then have different cost plus's for volume purchase's. Then the sell price changes automatically in line with the costs. When a new supplier price comes in just change the costs, the system does the rest at point of sale.

I have had software to do this since 1987, so it is pretty old hat these days. In fairness though I know nothing about web sites but would have thought that easy price upload could be accomplished these days. How do the major food retailer's handle on line sales, their prices must change every few days. I suspect that prices for some food items normally bought at weekend even change during the week.

In fairness publishing prices can give your competitor an edge as he knows exactly where to pitch his, ie just under yours but online trading is the future for sure. I also would like to have seen prices, maybe the download catalogue is priced, not looked at it yet.

A

how true this turned out to be!!!

37 minutes ago, bradders said:

Holy thread resurrection Spudman!!!

9 1/2 years???

Quite!

Regarding RR's; its a shame they shut the shop, they had a quite a decent stock of stuff, was handy for powder too. Also a shame they didn't bother to tell anyone about their change of plans since the announcement that they were shutting for refurbishment and would be reopening. I really appreciated wasting 2 hours of my life driving there to be told by the chaps next door that 'they've gone online only now'!

• 2 months later...

Spoke to them yesterday to get some prices and asked about the website - hoping to be up and running by the end of the year!!! 

Surely it can't take that long to set up a website. I can't believe a business would go online only these days without a website that allows you to buy stuff. It's basically mail order. Real shame as a good company who were always really helpful and had good stock when I used to live down that way. Can't see them surviving 9 months without a functioning website.

Archived