2014 Accuracy International Rifles

Scotch_egg

I wish they had of brought out a new stock design as I think the AT STOCK IS RATHER UGLY

Don't worry you can buy thumbhole stock sides for £45 and bolt them on! It looks just like the AW!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My best man has one of these AT's coming next week some time.

Not sure I'd trade my AW for one personally, p'raps I'm just a purist? Don't have a need for all that picatinny stuff around the stock, though to be able to swap 7.62 for a .260 barrel in a minute or 3 would suit my FAC down to the ground at the moment.

• 8 months later...

No word on availability yet though :(

The thumb hole stock kit is now available, mine has just arrived and is now fitted. :)

The AI rear monopods are due early next year, :(

Is the action not now bonded to the chassis?

The Apoxy used is the following.

FSC 8030 Preservative and Sealing Compounds MFG SKU NSN Item Name Details CAGE Code RFQ ES-91

ES91 8030-01-460-0894 Epoxy Mortar kit Special Features: 3.7 liter can; consists of epoxy resin and hardener

Resin Component Ingredients: Epoxy

The Apoxy used is the following.

FSC 8030 Preservative and Sealing Compounds MFG SKU NSN Item Name Details CAGE Code RFQ ES-91

ES91 8030-01-460-0894 Epoxy Mortar kit Special Features: 3.7 liter can; consists of epoxy resin and hardener

Resin Component Ingredients: Epoxy

Any 'normal' epoxy suitable for rifle bedding work will do. I re-did my first AW with acra-glas gel under the tutelage of my unit armourers - the hard-to-get part were the 0.8mm brass washers required to separate the action and chassis sufficiently for a good layer of epoxy to remain between them. (Why did you re-do it? you may ask ....a 'gunsmith' took the rifle completely apart when I put it in for a muzzle threading job; including hot-gun removal of the chassis bond....and returned the rifle sans-bond with the words 'it'll be fine'. I was very very pleased at the time.)

'. I was very very pleased at the time.)

Understatement of the year,,,,,

And before anyone asks, the gunsmith wasn't me :lol:

Why did you re-do it? you may ask ....a 'gunsmith' took the rifle completely apart when I put it in for a muzzle threading job; including hot-gun removal of the chassis bond....and returned the rifle sans-bond with the words 'it'll be fine'. I was very very pleased at the time.

Ouch!

• 3 weeks later...

The thumb hole stock kit is now available, mine has just arrived and is now fitted. :)

The AI rear monopods are due early next year, :(

What about a picture? would like to see an AT with a thumb hole stock.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi AT308 - where did you get the transport case from?

Cheers,

Luke

The case is a Peli Storm im3300 (from Pelidirect) and a few hours spent with a sharpe, an electric carving knife and a can of contact adhesive.

Its basically the same as the Explorer case but works out about half the cost of the AI route, the only difference is the foam isn't lazer cut.

You can spend a few more £££ and send Peli your CAD file of required layout and they will cut the foam with CNC Lazer.

Many thanks,

AT308

Archived