I have been looking round for some time now for a reticule'd spotting scope and the Leupold Tactical seems to be a favorite, but I cant yet, bring myself to part £1300 to get one.

We always see some good reviews on scopes, but little on reticule'd spotting scopes.

Would be good to get some thoughts on the other makes that are around Bushnell / Zeiss etc.....

Kind Regards

Rob

I'll have a Bushnell to try in a couple of weeks - $350 and a mate is bringing it over.

Seemed rude not to try it at that money based on the reviews although the early ones had quality problems.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Tony

I'll have a Bushnell to try in a couple of weeks - $350 and a mate is bringing it over.

Seemed rude not to try it at that money based on the reviews although the early ones had quality problems.

Tony

Bushnell? Yup, that'll be $350 well spent :D

Tony

Hi Tony,

read one review on one of the American sites and it said the optics where not that good, have you seen any good reviews ?

Kind Regards

Rob

Ron/Rob (it seems to change :D ).

I've just been in the same position and ponied up and a bought a Spotter 60.

Compared to my previous non mil dot spotter, which was an 82mm Flourite Kowa, it's optics are as good if not better. It is a chunk of change and a big bugger but very nice.

The Leupold is good, I want to do a side by side with Matt's. Obtaining a Lupy in the States is cheaper but export might be a problem, have someone hand carry it back for you (then it's them in trouble :) ). Latest export regs are filtering through. not sure on spotters (the mil ret will be the problem) but it appears ANY scope over 4X will require export permit - watch this space!

Terry

A couple of other options exist with fixed mil ranging 30x oculars - Meopta TGA 75 and Optolyth TBA - TGA 80.

US Optics also - although image is said not to be great - field scope not spotting scope.

Thinking outside the box - you could mount a 12-50x56 S&B PMII on a tripod.

David.

A couple of other options exist with fixed mil ranging 30x oculars - Meopta TGA 75 and Optolyth TBA - TGA 80.

Didn't know those were available with rets - those would be nice choices - particularly the 75 as a field portable spotter (assuming it's about the same as the Swaro 30x75!)

Hi Tony,

read one review on one of the American sites and it said the optics where not that good, have you seen any good reviews ?

Kind Regards

Rob

Bushnell? Yup, that'll be $350 well spent :)

Hi Rob, I read this and decided it was worth a £250 punt (as opposed to the £450 UK price) my expectations are fairly low so it's unlikely I will be dissapointed :D

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...6886&page=1

The first batch had problems with condensation inside the casing which is said to have been fixed - the chap that is bringing me the present has unboxed and checked it over and it seems fine.

Matt, I'm not seeing any secondhand MK4's at the moment and they sure as merde are not worth the current £1350 UK /$1700 US. We can put the two side by side and see how they compare - worst case my son gets a £250 present or I stick it on ebay for half the current UK price whan a used Mk4 appears.

Cheers

Tony

Not equipped with a reticule, but exceptionl optics - Minox MD50.

I have one, very reasonable new 200ish.

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-minox-...epiece/p1025167

• 2 weeks later...

TC has your present arrived in the UK yet? I like Ronins minox if only they did it with a greater mag range.

I have a x18 scope so want the extra power for spotting my shots.

I have seen this review www.snipercentral.com/bushspot.phtml of the bushnell that has made me question it. However this was not with the ED glass that is now being used. Will this be a significant difference?!

Archived