foxing

Hitmanandson

I have just started using Sierra 39gr Blitzkings with really good results in a 20 cal. Shoot bug hole groups and blow the crap out of anything they connect with, shame they don't make a 50gr in 20.

I also use Berger MEF 50gr in 20 and Barts 68gr FBHP match bullets in a 6mm.

A

The guy who built my 20 has been building his own wildcats since the early 1960s. he uses .22 Sierra 1360 soft points as his standard bullet. He says he has proved that these drop and drift less than anything with a plastic tip. He does not bother with anything below 150 yards and showed me some 600 yards groups that confirmed his findings. I am though quite happy using what I do as I dont need to shoot at those ranges, he does as he shoots monster wheat fields in Cambs.

A

my set up.

17 fireball-22gn berger mef-n133.

17 rem 20gn vmax-n135-night vision.

.22br 40gn sierra bk-h322 or if the wind picks up 52gn amax-n135 just adjust scope.

6br rabbit bashing 60gn sierra hp fox load 75gn vmax-varget.

all things that get in the way get dead.

the bk do make a mess of stuff but the vmax tend to stay in the carcass leaving a bag of soup the berger mef rips stuff up very good bullets but sadly no longer made just the match grade varmint style.

39gn Blitzkings out of my .204Ruger, gets the job done up to 300 yrds

65gn Vmax out of my 6mmBR (33gn N135- 3400fps) also doesn't have many foxes/crows/rabbits argue with them either

87gn Vmax when it is windy gets the job done too with the BR!

best wishes

Finman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scotland Rifles

70gr blitz king in .243 is superb.

but

my 40gr vmax from hornady .20 tac does it faster and flater than the .243. :)

bob.

Fast and flat is nice, but lets face it at some point we need to hold over or dial.

More important in my opinion is that I can shoot a fox from any angle. If the bugger is

running away from the chicken shed... I want something that goes in and comes out again.

The 243 with 80gr sierra varminters are good for that, not as explosive as the name makes believe.

A side on shot with my 22-250 and 52gr Nos BTHP seemed to dropped em quicker but overall

the 243 is a bit better at distance, wind and penetration.

edi

Archived