1050 yard pigeon..nailed it

bigun

my self ,crocket and OSOK who are all members on here went out to do a bit of long range shooting me with my .204 ,crocket with his 22-250 and OSOK with his 22 middelsted custum built rifle and his 6.5-47 but that never came out to play in the end ..OSOK started shooting at 680 yrd crow just missing it by a few inchs not bad for guessing the wind also first shot to fowl the barrel ..OSOK had a shot at a rabbit at 980 yrds i think it was with the bullet just skiming over its back, another 1" lower and it would of hit it square on ,still nice shooting for saying the wind was up . 204 was not up for them ranges past 600 mtrs with the wind so was put away and i helped out by glassing and picking out the targets which were every where which makes a change ..OSOK got a kill but was not the one he was aiming at but the one next to it the wind took it 8" to the right killing a crow so still good i did say to OSOK that he would of hit it and killed it if it would of been a Crocodile :rolleyes: ,that shot was over 670 yrds ...time to pack up crocket asks OSOK if he can have a shot of his rifle, so i spots two pigeon at 1050 yrds OSOK diels in the scope and crocket gets down for the shot,picking out the right hand pigeon we all look on (bang) bullets on its way then dust comes up i thought he had missed it so i turn to look at crocket who is now doing cart wheels on his back and laffing his head off OSOK looks at crocket with a look to say whats up with him ,i looks again at the field and see the dead pigeon in bits OSOK still can not work it out whats wrong with crocket, till i say to him, he has hit that pigeon have a look ,which he did OSOK and then says theres not meny people killed at that range ...many know OSOK on here and know he will tell the truth ..one shot one kill very good for saying it was his first and only shot with OSOK rifle ,great shot to see... will have to get a bigger rifle to show crocket how its done as he was jumping around the field shouting and pointing to me saying he has beat me on long range shooting i did try to have a shot with OSOK rifle but he put his rifle away knowing that i never miss :rolleyes: and would beat crockets record :rolleyes: next time boys im bringing out the big gun :rolleyes:

DSC00601.JPG

Fantastic shooting Rob, don't reckon Crocket's record will stand for long when you get your chance :D But until you do I have feeling you might hear about it a few more times from Crocket :D Just a hunch !!!!!!!!!!! :P Great shooting Crocket.

Do you know what bullets OSOK is using ?? I bought OSOK's old set of Redding dies for his 22-243, with a future project in mind at some point, would be very interested to hear more about it.....

Fantastic shooting Rob, don't reckon Crocket's record will stand for long when you get your chance :D But until you do I have feeling you might hear about it a few more times from Crocket :P Just a hunch !!!!!!!!!!! :P Great shooting Crocket.

Do you know what bullets OSOK is using ?? I bought OSOK's old set of Redding dies for his 22-243, with a future project in mind at some point, would be very interested to hear more about it.....

have not seen crocket since but i bet i will hear about it all over again and again again :D cant take it away from him he was aiming for it and was a full strike on the pigeon ..(nailed it) ,mind you i showed him every thing he knows about rifles :P which aint alot :D OSOK bullet load i think it was using 80 grn bullets doing about 3450 fps..what i will add is them bullets were there as soon as the rifle went bang , he will tell you if you pm him . barrel had a 1 in 7.7 twist rate that i do know with out a mod on the end as my ears are still ringing from the one shot ..

just got off the phone to crocket, the first words out of his mouth were if theres any thing i need to know about long range shooting ask him ,because he is the man :D you were right , i will be hearing about it for years to come :D

It was an 80g Berger at 3,520 ft/sec and a big well done to Crockett as there were alot of very lucky critters about that day !

Some people may have felt hard done to by doing the work and not getting the glory BUT there are always lessons in life and and this was one of them for me as things could have been alot harder to swallow and on my ears ...................... It could of been Bigun that pulled the trigger !

Regards

OSOK

It was an 80g Berger at 3,520 ft/sec and a big well done to Crockett as there were alot of very lucky critters about that day !

Some people may have felt hard done to by doing the work and not getting the glory BUT there are always lessons in life and and this was one of them for me as things could have been alot harder to swallow and on my ears ...................... It could of been Bigun that pulled the trigger !

Regards

OSOK

Thanks for the info OSOK, just run the figures through QL/QT..........................Wow :)

If you ever get the urge to sell your 22/284 dies, please give me a shout.

OSOK its only a matter of time before i kill at them ranges .its not a if i can do it , its going to be a when :) and your right you will never hear the last of it :D

just got off the phone to crocket, the first words out of his mouth were if theres any thing i need to know about long range shooting ask him ,because he is the man :D you were right , i will be hearing about it for years to come :)

He's right Rob, he's the man. If you're lucky he'll let you hold his coat for him for his next lesson he gives to you on long range shooting. :lol:

pete the man got lucky :)

• 3 weeks later...

out again yesterday evening with the same bunch of lads .some very close misses at 1200 + yrds by greg .i got a 660 yrd kill with my little .204 and the crow was walking when i took the shot ..bit of lead given :rolleyes:

out again yesterday evening with the same bunch of lads .some very close misses at 1200 + yrds by greg .i got a 660 yrd kill with my little .204 and the crow was walking when i took the shot ..bit of lead given :rolleyes:

Well done lads,,,

You boys are sure having some fun,,,,,

All the Best Darrel :blink:

Archived