Congratulations to 6mmBR

Hi Dave ,

Very well done laddie , really proud of you!!! ;) ;)

All the best.................

RAY.................................

Thanks lads for all the really kind comments, as you probably guessed I'm over the moon.

I entered the Welsh Open over the bank holiday weekend it was a 2 day shoot shot over a Queens 1 + 2 course of fire.

Basically the same as in the Imperial meet the F class shooters shot alongside the Target Rifle boys.

The scoring for us F class or F-ers as the TR lot call us was 5 for a bull and a V not the usual 6 for a V that I normally shoot, I think this was done not to confuse situations with 2 scoring system, also we shot on standard TR targets.

Saturday was the Queens 1 stage of 2+7 to count at 300/500/600 yards.

I started well at 300 and cleaned it with 35 7V but had a slight wobble at 500 due to the gusting winds I put one in the 4 ring which finnished me on 34 5V, thankfully that was the last point I dropped.

At 600 the wind kept constant and I finnished on 35 6V only stepping out the V bull once.

I finnished the day on 104 ex 105 with 18V's which put me in the lead by 7V's.

Sunday was split into short range in the morning 2+10 to count at 300/500/600 and long range in the afternoon 2+15 to count at 900/1000.

The morning went superb we had a constant left to right wind without the gusts of Saturday.

I shot clean at all the distances and didn't drop even a V bull and finnished on 150 30V, I've never maxed these distances before always managing to drop a silly V along the way, so it was a good time to bring that out the bag. This cemented my lead as the next guy to me shot 150 20V.

The afternoon on Sticledown went well also, I just felt in the zone. The wind was a bit trickier because of the increased distance.

900 went well with a score of 75 ex 75 with 11V's this just left a 1000, where you can easily drop shots I was ahead now by one point and a bucket full of V's.

If he shot straight and I dropped one I could still win on V count, not much of a margin.

I had no worries that trusty Kelbly slotted all 15 rounds in the bull with 9V's and finnished on 75 9V which gave me an aggregate of 150 20V.

My aggregate for the shoot was 404 ex 405 68V's.

I was so chuffed to of won the Welsh Open F class comp.

Yesterday I was to knackered to post and now I've got to get reloading as have an invite to shoot in a team at the Police Championships at Bisley next week.

Thanks for all the kind comments lads they're much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Guest varmartin

Friggin Hell ...what a score....

Clean up at the police shoot and you may get an invite to Somalia with the Blackwater Boys ...dont they call that the .."Pirate Shoot " ;)

I had no worries that trusty Kelbly slotted all 15 rounds in the bull with 9V's and finnished on 75 9V which gave me an aggregate of 150 20V.

Cheers

Dave

Great write up Dave, you can almost feel the tension just reading your post.

Is that the same Kelbly you struggled to get from Litts ??? The rifle can't take all the credit. ;);)

Good luck for next week.

Great write up Dave, you can almost feel the tension just reading your post.

Is that the same Kelbly you struggled to get from Litts ??? The rifle can't take all the credit. ;):D

Good luck for next week.

Thanks for that Steve, your right about the gun I finally got Brian Fox to import it for me. Thank goodness he did its been one awesome performer.

Thanks also Cooperman .223, the rifle was built by Jim Kelbly in the States and is based on the Stolle Panda F class action, it has a 30" Krieger barrel chambered for 6.5-284 and is bedded in a Mc Millan Mc Hale stock.

The shear accuracy of this rifle helped me no end also consistent handloads with low ES and SD's were also critical so the held very tight vertical. All I had to do then was read the wind and point it in the right direction, if I got it right in the V it went.

I would love to shoot a group at 1000 on a still day to see how good it is.

The problem is I've already got 400 rounds under its belt.

Cheers

Dave

Archived