• 1 month later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The latest creation, yep I know its not everyones cup of tea... :lol:

Varminter you might recognise the rifle...or not! :D

RPADigiCam.jpg

Hi Kal...................

Looking good that man , i really like the new look of her!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;)

She looks like shes ready to whoop ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

Nice one buddy..............

All the best....................

RAY............................................... :D :D

Guest varmartin

Hey...I recognise that baby.......like her new outfit too.

I told Ray ...if he gets bored with his ladies, he should change there clothing and put them in something sexy :P .

We had a lot of fun with that Girl and her long legs..... :lol:

My best being a 500 yard+ corvid...Or was it a 450 yard bunny ???? any way shee`s looking goooood Kal :lol:

Hey...I recognise that baby.......like her new outfit too.

I told Ray ...if he gets bored with his ladies, he should change there clothing and put them in something sexy :P .

We had a lot of fun with that Girl and her long legs..... :lol:

My best being a 500 yard+ corvid...Or was it a 450 yard bunny ???? any way shee`s looking goooood Kal :lol:

Cheers fellers, she still does the business too and im hoping to take her to New Zealand now. The barrel job can wait for now, dont fix it if it aint busted! :lol:

The barrel/action are in Colt Grey and the stock colours I mixed to suit the terrain.

Cheers fellers, she still does the business too and im hoping to take her to New Zealand now. The barrel job can wait for now, dont fix it if it aint busted! :D

The barrel/action are in Colt Grey and the stock colours I mixed to suit the terrain.

Good to hear!!! :lol: :lol:

Kal , are you planning to hunt in New Zealand buddy????

All the best................

RAY................................ :D:P

Oh yeah, thats why im going and I am thinking the RPA is coming too. :lol:

Thats what i like to hear!!! :lol::P

What are you planning to hunt buddy??????

All the best...............

RAY....................................... :D :D

Thats what i like to hear!!! :lol: :lol:

What are you planning to hunt buddy??????

All the best...............

RAY....................................... :D:P

Blond Kiwis... :D

Apart from that Thar, Chammy and Pigs with a bit Zeroing on Goats...well we need to make sure the rifle is on. :D

If you shoot it like you shot it on sunday, they are gonna need some tin hats over the water in OZ :lol: [ he shoots like a bitch] :lol: We had to take cover in the butts, there was crap flying everywhere.....

If you shoot it like you shot it on sunday, they are gonna need some tin hats over the water in OZ :blink: [ he shoots like a bitch] ;) We had to take cover in the butts, there was crap flying everywhere.....

:(;):lol::lol::lol:

If you shoot it like you shot it on sunday, they are gonna need some tin hats over the water in OZ :D [ he shoots like a bitch] :lol: We had to take cover in the butts, there was crap flying everywhere.....

Heads up lads. :lol:

That was nothing mate wait until that 338 LM is running! :D

Guest varmartin
Blond Kiwis... :D

Apart from that Thar, Chammy and Pigs with a bit Zeroing on Goats...well we need to make sure the rifle is on. :D

Blond kiwi`s :D:lol: :lol: :D hope you go for the split tails :lol:

• 2 months later...

"James was going to exhibit his wares at the CLA Gamefair, but due to cancellation of the event, he offered to do the stock, “while I waited” I was interested to see how the process was applied, so I took him up on the offer."

Hi James

The Flecktarn looks LOVELY :D

Just thought i'd ask if you had any plans to attend the CLA this year, displaying your wares ?? Would be great to have a chat

Cheers Steve

Just noticed this thread :D . Love the look of the rifle in the first picture black/green stripe. What sort of price are we talking for a stock/action/barrel done like this ?.

PM if you dont want to discuss on forum.

Cheers

Ads

Ads

if you want I can take a few pics of the rifle as its 12 months (nearly) since it was coated by James, the rifles been used at least every fortnight since (excluding holidays)

May be interesting to see if any wear has taken place?

Ads

if you want I can take a few pics of the rifle as its 12 months (nearly) since it was coated by James, the rifles been used at least every fortnight since (excluding holidays)

May be interesting to see if any wear has taken place?

Ronin,

I would really appreciate that. Either on the forum or my email is adamchristie69@yahoo.co.uk

ATB

Ads

Ads

the rifle gets used out of landrover and usual varminting set ups (off the ground using any support available) ive taken shots of the usual wear areas I would think would show up scratches etc easily.

Bear in mind this is nearly 12 months after coating.

Overall RHS

DSCN1154.jpg

Pistol grip - RHS

DSCN1161.jpg

Magazine inlett area

DSCN1160.jpg

Rear of butt, yes thats dirt you see, the coating is untouched underneath

DSCN1162.jpg

Butt and pistolgrip LHS

DSCN1157.jpg

Swivel area forend - I use bipod alot but it gets swapped bettween guns.

DSCN1159.jpg

RHS butt, typical wear area as it gets rubbed with clothing when mounting the gun

DSCN1156.jpg

Hope that helps to form your opinions mate.

Very interesting Andy, particularly as my new Lawton has been decorated by Kal as well. I can see already that the AICS mags will scuff in time, but as I am going to change the bottom metal anyway thats not a concern.

Good to see a 'long term' usage report.

ATB

Very interesting Andy, particularly as my new Lawton has been decorated by Kal as well. I can see already that the AICS mags will scuff in time, but as I am going to change the bottom metal anyway thats not a concern.

Good to see a 'long term' usage report.

ATB

The mags are quite flimsy and getting a sufficient key can be difficult, however, send them back and I will recoat them for you no problem. :lol:

The mags are quite flimsy and getting a sufficient key can be difficult, however, send them back and I will recoat them for you no problem. :)

Thanks for the kind offer Kal, it really isnt a drama , it is only up where the Badger catch scuffs the surface at the rear of the mag box, and I have not used the 'virgin' second mag at all, to allow it to harden off properly. I am getting the BM changed anyway, as I don't care for the AICS mags on what is really a stalking rifle. I think you will be getting a Badger drop floor plate to coat in the near future, as it ought to be a straight swap for the mag system.

BTW, at the risk of igniting a fire, the A-Tec is great ! :ph34r:

ATB

Peter

Peter

without hiJacking the thread, I would check on this (Badger M4 / M5 interchangability) as I think the inlet is slightly different (M5 mag system is larger, the M4 is a direct replacement for Rem BDL style plates)

Peter

without hiJacking the thread, I would check on this (Badger M4 / M5 interchangability) as I think the inlet is slightly different (M5 mag system is larger, the M4 is a direct replacement for Rem BDL style plates)

Thanks for the 'heads up' Andy PM on its way to you.

BUT yer box is full ....

ATB

Peter

Sorry Peter

Try again?

Kaleiderscope

DURACOAT sounds great and what i needed last week when i stalked a buck, i was all dressed in realtree but my sako 85 SS stood out like a sore thumb.

this may sound like a stupid question is the coating permanant or can it be removed at a later stage??......neil

Archived