Fortis adjustable rear rests?

I’m trying to achieve the best bipod/rear bag combo for shooting my new AXMC .338. Currently I’m using a super heavy rear bag and my old faithful tier one FTR bipod. I am concern the heavy .338 loads are a bit much for the FTR bipod?

I’ve been considering an AccuTac HD50 with an extender and the fortis micro adjustable rear, but have been put off by it being in plastic. Am I being a bit pessimistic, but it seems a lot of money if it’s not going to last. 

I’ve also been looking at an adjustable bag rider, but the adjuster is ‘masked’ by the ears of my bag.

i’ve been agonising over methods of fine adjustment to take my own inabilities out of the equation to achieve accurate long range shots! A small amount of error is a big error at a mile 🤣

2 hours ago, Ralpharama said:

I’m trying to achieve the best bipod/rear bag combo for shooting my new AXMC .338. Currently I’m using a super heavy rear bag and my old faithful tier one FTR bipod. I am concern the heavy .338 loads are a bit much for the FTR bipod?

I’ve been considering an AccuTac HD50 with an extender and the fortis micro adjustable rear, but have been put off by it being in plastic. Am I being a bit pessimistic, but it seems a lot of money if it’s not going to last. 

I’ve also been looking at an adjustable bag rider, but the adjuster is ‘masked’ by the ears of my bag.

i’ve been agonising over methods of fine adjustment to take my own inabilities out of the equation to achieve accurate long range shots! A small amount of error is a big error at a mile 🤣

I use a Tier 1  FTR rest with ski feet on a rubber covered board and a heavy bag (chromate sand).  Shot hundreds of .338 rounds with no issue and decent accuracy maintained.  The rest is still as good as new.  I'm not so much but that's just age....

That's a relief 😃 I made up a board of 1/2" ply to which I bonded a sheet of 1/4" rubber. Works really well with the Creedmoor. I also have a bag, but mine is filled with garnet I scounged from a mate who does media blasting. It's super fine so will find any leak however small, but is very heavy. 

My FTR bipod was an indulgence when it first came out and whilst it was a big financial hit has never disappointed when being used. I have made a bevel drive for it to use when I'm using a bipod extended, but the nylon screws that grip the hand wheel tend to make it fall off with a heavy recoiling rifle. It needs a bit more development but it does make adjusting the bipod much easier, without breaking position. 

Set worked better than when I tried with a Tall Rabbit Ears Sand Filled Bag, Fortis Rest was a little more difficult to adjust out in the cold and wind as compared to my test adjustments indoors. Shots were way easier to spot at 1 Mile and the furthest distance of 1809 yards as the gun remained on target after the heavy recoil of a 285 grain bullet moving at 3205 fps.