F-TR bipod boards?

terryh

Folks,

I see a few people sing a rectangular board which their bi-pod sits on. Basically short plank with carpet tile (or similar) on its top surface to give stable and consistent interface to the bi-pods feet.

Can understand the principle - but my question is what, if anything, is on the underside of this board?

Thanks in advance

Terry

I made a 600x300 mm board. It's a composite of 10mm hard rubber bottom, for weight and stability on stones, 12mm ply in the middle, and a piece cut from a giant mouse mat on the top (this works well with ski feet on my Tier 1 bipod).  Steel corners for strength.

I tried just a strip of conveyor belting but the ski feet on the bipod 'grab' - that may be a benefit for those that like that.

It works well for me on grass, gravel and stones.  Wouldn't like to carry it very far.

Cheers Gents,

Had input that the F-TR rules state they cannot be more than 2" wider than the bipods max extended width and cannot have spicks etc. on the underside or rails/guides for the feet on the top side.

Want to put 'something' on the underside, not sure what yet?

.....watch this space.

T

18 hours ago, terryh said:

Cheers Gents,

Had input that the F-TR rules state they cannot be more than 2" wider than the bipods max extended width and cannot have spicks etc. on the underside or rails/guides for the feet on the top side.

Want to put 'something' on the underside, not sure what yet?

.....watch this space.

T

The underside must be completely flat. No pins, angle iron or the like.

• 9 months later...