A few recent jobs

10 minutes ago, Jet flint said:

Hi JR. what would be an approx turnaround time be at the moment for a rebarrel/cerakote.?

Hi,

It’s hard to say at the minute with all the delays. For meΒ barrels are roughly taking 4-6 weeks to arrive, and proof about the same. My last batch wereΒ 6 1/2Β weeks at proof. Then my time to get the work done which is a couple weeks or so.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A tough one Jack

On stuff like that I’d be running a .090” undercut .010” forwards of the action face to relieve tension on the barrelΒ 

Works a treatΒ 

Β 

Remys are notorious for being pigs to get off - they use some kind of loctite that compensated for the poor threading jobs ,,,,,

32 minutes ago, JR FIREARMS said:

Sometimes they need a little persuasion.Β 

62898C82-90E0-4175-9A3D-0C0557F2A397.jpeg

C608D464-E7C6-41DD-A9C1-2927D3D99026.jpeg

Do you use heat? Β Most Loctite products give up at 300C . Β I wouldn't think that sort of temperature would cause any metallurgical issues (with steels).

2 minutes ago, JR FIREARMS said:

Yes i normally part them off too, especially blued howas. But both lathes were tied up with jobs, so i just had to get medieval on it 🀣

This had a nice mix of loctite, rust andΒ carbon.Β 

πŸ˜‚

1 minute ago, Popsbengo said:

Do you use heat? Β Most Loctite products give up at 300C . Β I wouldn't think that sort of temperature would cause any metallurgical issues (with steels).

I avoid using heat, there is no need for it with these. And it avoids any damage to the bluing or heat treatment. The main issue is gripping the barrel well enough in a normal barrel vice, the stilsons take care of this.Β