Sightmark Wraith 4K

JDBenelliM1

There is a new 4k day/night scope (Wulf 4k) coming from Optics Warehouse in a couple of weeks which uses standard 30mm scope rings

Price will be £799

Performance should be the same or very similar to the Wraith 4K

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/night-vision-thermal/night-vision/night-vision-riflescopes/brand-wulf_optics

I'll be getting one of these to test as soon as they arrive, so don't spend you money just yet!

Cheers

Bruce

6 minutes ago, phoenix said:

There is a new 4k day/night scope (Wulf 4k) coming from Optics Warehouse in a couple of weeks which uses standard 30mm scope rings

Price will be £799

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/night-vision-thermal/night-vision/night-vision-riflescopes/brand-wulf_optics

I'll be getting one of these to test as soon as they arrive, so don't spend you money just yet!

Cheers

Bruce

This is what I’m waiting to have a look at ..

Believe it or not I managed to have a look through a Wulf a few nights ago! It seemed to be quite good for the money. Unfortunately The only other digital night vision that I have looked through to judge it by was a Drone Pro, not surprisingly the DP eclipsed it by some margin. The owner of both the DP and the Wulf did a test in daylight where the results were reversed.

Im sitting tight and will await the opinions on both the Pulsar C50 and Wulf 4K.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, phoenix said:

Price will be £799

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I'll keep an eye out

• 2 weeks later...

I have had mine for 4 days, but only been out twice so far I am very pleased with it, shot 1 fox 180 yards,I also have a sightmark wraith 4k, and when I get time I am going to have them side by side, same ir and same distance, but lacking time at the moment, to do it

2 hours ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I have had mine for 4 days, but only been out twice so far I am very pleased with it, shot 1 fox 180 yards,I also have a sightmark wraith 4k, and when I get time I am going to have them side by side, same ir and same distance, but lacking time at the moment, to do it

That would be really useful Jeffo. I'll sit tight. I did have a look through a wolf 4k and was impressed with the day image. I have no experience with any of the latest 4k models so any side by side comparisons would be great

4k day/night scopes are at their best in daylight because there is plenty of light and all the pixels in the sensor are able to produce a good signal

At night they are no better than full HD scopes because the sensor pixels are so small and insensitive that they have to "bundle" groups of pixels together to act like a single larger pixel.

It means that in NV mode, the effective number of pixels being used is no better than with full HD sensor such as found in the PARD or the Wraith HD (or upcoming Pulsar Digex C50)

Cheers

Bruce

I sold my 008 once i saw a friends wraith 4k mainly because of how stunning the day use seemed which was in a different league to my Pard ..... I still feel that night use is better as well with the wraith but this maybe due to a better contrast , screen size or even just being able to increase the mag by 0.1x rather than having to jump from 6.5x to 13x

I was interested in seeing what the wraith was like against the Drone 15x using the Dragonfly on both .... Out to 250 yards or so they both seemed similar in seeing clearly any target but stretching them out to a 440 yard hedgerow the wraith lost the clarity where the Drone was still clear enough

OSOK

Just had a look through the wulf , pard and Atn 4K 

all daytime , clear winner was the wulf , not a patch on glass obviously but clear , realistic couloirs and a good operating system, 

I would put the pard and Atn about level , ATN has a larger screen pard is light and compact .

the Rfd is going to let me borrow then for a night time comparison.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 1:15 PM, Aggy said:

Just had a look through the wulf , pard and Atn 4K 

all daytime , clear winner was the wulf , not a patch on glass obviously but clear , realistic couloirs and a good operating system, 

I would put the pard and Atn about level , ATN has a larger screen pard is light and compact .

the Rfd is going to let me borrow then for a night time comparison.

Now that would be an interesting comparison.

• 3 months later...