Stryker or golden eagle?

Adamdavi3s

Hi All,

Has anyone compared the Stryker 5-50 next to the golden eagle? 
I am toying with something benchresty for my .22, mostly for 100y mini F class but will be used out to 400.

The only thing I’ve used with that kind of mag range before was a sightron siii 10-50 but I’m guessing either of these will be a step up. 

I like the rets in both (floating dot), I’m not convinced about the weight of the Stryker but the 34mm tube might be worth it? 

I’m currently using a 6-24 which is OK, but I miss the reach of the sightron 36x I had before, BUT that didn’t have anywhere near the adjustment to get to 400

I am swaying towards the vortex for the weight saving to be honest, it’s going on a ruger precision rimfire which isn’t a heavyweight at all. 

I prefer the Stryker DLS-1 ret from what I can see but the ECR-1 looks like it would just about have enough Subtensions to do the maths required. 

I know it’s subjective but has anyone looked through both and can offer a glass comparison?
I’ll be honest I have an Althlon Ares, a IOR 40mm 9-36 and a Element Helix and I can barely tell the difference in good light. They’re all much better than my old sightron siii were, which looked muddy in comparison to me 

• 3 weeks later...

Your going to need 70 to 75 moa of elevation to get to 400 yards which I'm guessing the Vortex doesn't have . There's a world of difference in shooting 400 yards compared to 300 yards with subs even in mild conditions ! Try shooting 400 yards with your 6-24 before you spend your money ..... It's not the amount of wind that gives you the problem but the very tiny changes that can't be seen that will put you off target . At 446 yards the wind on my 22 was similar to one of my 7mm's at 2,600 yards to give you a guide .

OSOK

Thank you, it’s about 60MOA and the vortex has 50 on the turret and 10 on the ret at 40x so it’ll be close. Being SFP though I can dial it back to get more out of the ret. shooting 400 with the .22 is a “handful of times a year thing” most of my shooting with the .22 will be 100y and I want a benchrest scope. I miss the x36 sightron I used to have on it 

ive gone with a used GE and I am glad I did, it’s absolutely incredible for the weight! 

I already shoot LR and ELR with full bore and run scopes in the 24-36 range 👍

Well unless your local range is at 15,000 ft .. or you have a 140 yard zero give or take for conditions on a 22lr I can't see how  you would get subs to 400 yards with 60 moa but glad your sorted with the scope now 👍

OSOK

At the moment I’m only going on what Strelok tells me, but I’ve only verified it to 100y so far 

At 20x the ret gives me plenty so hopefully it’ll be ok, it’s only a couple of times a year so it’s no great loss if it doesn’t work! 

9E764BD0-EB1B-4A1C-9CB3-949D185CA9E4.jpeg

I think you'll find that when you get real world data the BC's of these 40g lumps of lead are between 0.132 and 0.142 give or take ..... and not the 0.176 . Like I said I'm happy your sorted with the scope and I was only trying to help with something I'd done rather than just read on the side of a box .

OSOK