Gents, Im one step nearer crossing the 1 mile off my bucket list. Having found somewhere to try, I need to sort out the equipment side of things.

Before I splash out £0000's on a new rifle, optic, dies etc.. I'd like to try with my 6.5CM, but im going to need a bit help.  Ive got a 20moa rail on the CM but acording to Sterlok im going to need roughly  another 25MRad of elevation and my scope has a theroetical max of 20ish.

Id like to keep the ability to shoot/zero at 100y, so whats the best otion for an adjustable rail?  The Charlie TARAC micro looks a good option but can you get it in the UK?

I'm in the same boat.

My 6.5CM RPR has a 20 minute rail built in. I have a Sightron scope with 80 minutes of elevation in it. So that give me about 60 minutes, but Strelock says I need about 80 to hit the mile.

I've just bought one of these from OPW as a cheap way of getting there. But I fear it's going to be more expensive than that . . .

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/utg-super-slim-20-moa-elevated-picatinny-mount

Triffid

Ivey mounts were the benchmark for adjustable mounts when I was messing about with a 50 bmg. You can get an extra 200 moa maybe more out of them with some models. Obviously negatives with scope height above barrel to get required slope on the scope - so your objective has enough room not to bang into the barrel. No idea on U.K. availability.

https://iveyshooting.com/

Martin,

It will your call once you have done the ogling and put your hand in your pocket ....😃😃👍👍

for what it's worth I have the Era-tac on my .338 and it does the job well. It is a bit less flexible that the Ivy because to make the adjustment you must undo a hex head screw whereas on the Ivy it's a continuous micrometer adjustment.

the choice is yours -dig deep

I have heard the Charlie Tarac is available here....got to be one of the most innovative solutions for the long range rifleman I have come across...bad news is all that tech comes at a price....circa 2k 

Have owned and used the Ivey and it is a very well made and engineered bit of kit. Not a small item to add to a rifles setup. Found I used it as whole number steps then the fine adjust was in the scope so the fractional adjustment capability is ‘nice’ it is just not needed in reality.

Have just purchased and Eratac for a 22rf ( fancy trying the 22rf LR where you need 90 moa) and it is also a quality item but as pointed out requires loose  tools to utilise the additional elevation where as the Ivey is all built in - but a few more ££ for the Ivey

Looked at the Charlie Tarac when originally thinking on the Ivey. They work, but *uck me thought the Ivey added a bit of bulk , the Tarac is just fugly and bulky. Caveat: as Tubb uses it it must be good -eh 😉

You just need, as always, to work out what you want from your rifle?

T