• 1 month later...

Think they did a modified fortmeir type , Phoenix tactical moved to USA and spud 1967 does them now . Try GRS bipod this has a few more modifications ie 45 degree position and flip over feet for a gripping side or smooth side . Very happy with my fortmeir as it totally improved my group’s after using Harris and the accuracy international own model . 
cheers Rich 

Optics Warehouse used to bring them in but they haven't had any stock for a long time.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone if they know where or how to get one, I have one and its probably in my opinion the best bipod I have ever used.

I would definitely be up to buy another one.

Kind regards,

Bob. 

Andy, yes, no, maybe - I had one on my 20” AXMC but went back to the AX bipod. My mate has one on his 27” AXMC so I get to shoot both side by side still. I think the Fortmeier a very good compromise between a smaller bipod and an f class bipod if you are not competing. I get the pendulum principle. It’s not as good for f class due to the  extra stability you can get from something like a Rempel ( had one of those to). For tactical comp stuff - for me it is bulky especially for unsupported sitting or standing shooting ( really needs to be detached from the rifle) and slow to deploy compared to my AX bipod. Also I need my bipod mounted further back to reach it from prone. The Fortmeier is much more stable though than my AI bipod. For something like the U.K. PRL matches I think it would be excellent if you like the recoil impulse. I prefer the AI type with a bit of pre-load the rifle tracks back flatter compared to the Fortmeier which is a bit more bouncy. This is with 338lm at targets under 600m at reasonable mag you are not going to hold the target anyway after recoil. This could be different with a 6mm round with less recoil happening - I noticed this last week shooting an AX in 6br - felt like 22lr. The bipod was an AccuTac at 100m on 25x mag the rifle did not move off target.

20 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Thanks for sorting my confusion out . Didn’t know of rps just though it might be a typo. Anyway lots of nice stuff to look at on Tweb . Lovely set up there  . What range is the scope pls . Cheers Rich 

That scope is a Schmidt and Bender PM11 3-20X50 

my favourite scope so far having owned the 5-20X50 ulra short and 5-25X56. 

I still own a 4-16X50 as well, which if it wasn’t for the reticle would be my favourite as it’s so simple. It doesn’t even have illumination!!!

next scope will be a kahles but undecided between the 3-18 or 5-25. 

4 hours ago, ds1 said:

This could be different with a 6mm round with less recoil happening - I noticed this last week shooting an AX in 6br - felt like 22lr. The bipod was an AccuTac at 100m on 25x mag the rifle did not move off target.

Quick question, how well does a 6mm BR feed and eject in an AX?

5 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

That scope is a Schmidt and Bender PM11 3-20X50 

my favourite scope so far having owned the 5-20X50 ulra short and 5-25X56. 

I still own a 4-16X50 as well, which if it wasn’t for the reticle would be my favourite as it’s so simple. It doesn’t even have illumination!!!

next scope will be a kahles but undecided between the 3-18 or 5-25. 

Thanks for info . Love the ultra short non illuminated- very good p4 fine ret  and my big 3-27x56 .  Might consider the 3-20 for the next rifle (223) . Enjoy and stay safe cheers