17 Remington Fireball

I expect this has been said before but I have an itch which requires scratching.
The itch in question being a rifle in 17 Remington Fireball. The problem being i can't find one anywhere.
There are a couple Remington 700's around but i'd rather not go there.

21 hours ago, Woodlander said:

There’s a bargain on SD, built on a T3 action, with a McMillan stock.  

Yes i've seen it.

It looks a bit tatty though.

I’m in the same position, have the slot on my ticket , bought one of the two Remington 700 on offer but  I took it back . 
I still never did find all the stuff I need to convert 221 to 17 fb , just got a normal set of 17fb dies. 
I sold my 17 hornet to fund this mission . And 5 months in I’m left empty handed , so far £65 for the dies + fuel and time all waisted. 
I asked a rifle builder if they would make me one from tikka or sako action and they said I will charge you even if it doesn’t feed , so I left it there .. 

I could cope with single shot but I would want left hand loading right hand bolt , your back to mad money on a novelty cartridge .. 

I dunno what to do now.

9 minutes ago, Matt Simmons said:

I could cope with single shot but I would want left hand loading right hand bolt , your back to mad money on a novelty cartridge .. 

I dunno what to do now.

It looks like your only option is a full custom.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:18 PM, Dodder said:

Great little round.  I consider myself very lucky to have picked a lovely Cooper in .17FB a few years ago.  Not sure of any other factory Fireball rifles other than Rem 700's out there - have you considered a rebarrel of maybe a Sako or Tikka?

Dodder is this with a black stock and red "spider webbing" if so it was probably mine a few years back.

t

On 8/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, Matt Simmons said:

I’m in the same position, have the slot on my ticket , bought one of the two Remington 700 on offer but  I took it back . 
I still never did find all the stuff I need to convert 221 to 17 fb , just got a normal set of 17fb dies. 
I sold my 17 hornet to fund this mission . And 5 months in I’m left empty handed , so far £65 for the dies + fuel and time all waisted. 
I asked a rifle builder if they would make me one from tikka or sako action and they said I will charge you even if it doesn’t feed , so I left it there .. 

I dunno what to do now.

Get Dasherman to build one.great little round had mine a cooper for 3 years had a lot of good shooting with it.great with a nv unit on top.

The tikka Rifle you have mentioned on this thread. Used to be mine, it’s on a 595 action bedded into a Macmillan stock. And the current owner has had it Coated. It’s not tatty it’s a used rifle, and I can’t believe you’d consider a factory Remington over a semi custom Tikka.. 😱