17 Remington Fireball

23 minutes ago, Tuck said:

The tikka Rifle you have mentioned on this thread. Used to be mine, it’s on a 595 action bedded into a Macmillan stock. And the current owner has had it Coated. It’s not tatty it’s a used rifle, and I can’t believe you’d consider a factory Remington over a semi custom Tikka.. 😱 

I’ve not seen a tikka ?

14 hours ago, Tuck said:

The tikka Rifle you have mentioned on this thread. Used to be mine, it’s on a 595 action bedded into a Macmillan stock. And the current owner has had it Coated. It’s not tatty it’s a used rifle, and I can’t believe you’d consider a factory Remington over a semi custom Tikka.. 😱 

Apologies. I didn't have my glasses on when i looked at the pictures; which, to be fair, aren't the clearest. The stock coating is not the nicest I've seen.

The only issue i have with that rifle is that it's single shot.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:01 PM, garyw said:

Dodder is this with a black stock and red "spider webbing" if so it was probably mine a few years back.

t

Yes I believe it may well have been yours - I got it from a guy in Leicester who was I think the 2nd owner - thanks for selling it to him cos I love it!  It is easily THE most accurate rifle I have ever owned!

On 8/21/2020 at 6:03 PM, garyw said:

Get Dasherman to build one.great little round had mine a cooper for 3 years had a lot of good shooting with it.great with a nv unit on top.

Neil (Dasherman) did some work on my Cooper after the previous owner marked the outside of the barrel badly when screwing on an overbarrel mod.  He cut the barrel down a fraction to produce an invisible screw cap, recrowned it and made a picattiny rail for it.  To say I was chuffed with his workmanship would be an understatement.  If it were me looking for a rebarrel I wouldnt go anywhere else even if there was a humungous wait.....  Years ago I bought a beautiful Sako Vixen in  222 to rebarrel to .17Rem.  It is too good to mess with but have to say they are a stunning little action and would be my first choice for a donor action for .17Rem or .17FB.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:55 AM, Dodder said:

Yes I believe it may well have been yours - I got it from a guy in Leicester who was I think the 2nd owner - thanks for selling it to him cos I love it!  It is easily THE most accurate rifle I have ever owned!

yes thats the one you bought it off Mike Marsh he shoots at diggle where im a member.my best load was a 20 vmax with h322.shot a lot of  fur with it mainly with a nv sight on.it took 18 months for that rifle to come from the  USA.enjoy it.

Need to see a picture of this wee 17 rifle if possible? I miss my 17 - something about them

On 8/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, garyw said:

yes thats the one you bought it off Mike Marsh he shoots at diggle where im a member.my best load was a 20 vmax with h322.shot a lot of  fur with it mainly with a nv sight on.it took 18 months for that rifle to come from the  USA.enjoy it.

Thats him!  The load data he gave me was 18.6grns Benchmark behind a 25grn Berger Match Varmint (the ones with a hole like a child's bucket).  I have yet to try anything else as these shot so well.  The Vmaxes never shot well in my .17 Rem but I am looking forward to trying them in the Cooper 😀

On 8/24/2020 at 9:19 PM, gunner said:

Need to see a picture of this wee 17 rifle if possible? I miss my 17 - something about them

Will try to put one up - you might even recognise the S&B PM2 12-50x56 thats ontop (slight overkill I know...) cos I got it from you! 😁

• 1 month later...

Older thread, but just read the previous post - you are mistaken as iv never owned a S&B but iv had that before ppl thinking iv sold them something when its someone else on a different forum but same / similar name? atb Tim

On 10/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, gunner said:

Older thread, but just read the previous post - you are mistaken as iv never owned a S&B but iv had that before ppl thinking iv sold them something when its someone else on a different forum but same / similar name? atb Tim

Humble apologies Gunner the guy I bought the S&B from had a very similar name to you but had 3 digits on the end of Gunner -oops!

Np dodder , nice rifle Kadu , an ace lil caliber

• 4 weeks later...

i went from the .17fb to a 14/221 walker.that was a nippy beast with 15gn hollow points. built on a rem action, cracking round only problem was seating bullets took some skin off a time or two.

I replaced my HMR with a second hand sako 17 fireball that I picked up from a chap on the forum best deal I ever made I must be in the region of about 800 plus down the barrel by myself now and still shoots one hole groups!

On 11/9/2020 at 7:53 PM, Matt234 said:

I replaced my HMR with a second hand sako 17 fireball that I picked up from a chap on the forum best deal I ever made I must be in the region of about 800 plus down the barrel by myself now and still shoots one hole groups!

Was that mine Matt in the MacMillan with all the reloading stuff, if so yes an amazing rifle don't know why I sold it!! Now have an HW66 17 Hornet.