Woody

Finished this last week, and a right head scratcher at one point.
A rifle I built several years ago, came in for a new barrel and brake.
Customer is a pal of mine, and mentioned wood stocks, and he had found somewhere in the states that would ship them, so He got us a set each.
When they finally landed, they were machined to fit a std barrel with foresight, and not free float.
I didn't like that idea, so we sat for hours, trying to work out a way to fit that bloody forend.
It couldn't be machined out to accept the national match free float tube, as it wasn't big enough .
In the end, I ended up making a sort of mini free float tube, and bedding both sides separately with devcon, to the tube.
3nNprBY.jpg

9mzq2w1.jpg

The wood is American black walnut, and even though, not a particularly striking piece, looks nice now finished.
iCr8cSM.jpg

Gy7rPPG.jpg

oiRPLuJ.jpg

E8Sm5Y5.jpg

Nice to be different, it looks good.  the leupold looks like on of there newer models , it sits nicely in proportion  , but stone me leupold prices have bloddy rocketed over the years 

3 hours ago, baldie said:

There wont be any more of these Del, after I've done my own. A right Pain.

You need an AK anyway.....😂

shut up  you teaser   but .........

Dave, I hate you.  I really hate you.  You roll out the Rolls Royce of ARs, then tell us we can’t have one.  That’s just torture.  LOL.

Beautiful piece of work.   Well done my friend.  

BTW will be ordering my 6mm CM barrel for my AX when the local  police Firearms  dept. Get their act together.  Which is an unknown.   I won’t hold my breath though.  It will happen though.

Keep up your good work, you and yours stay safe and take care. 
JP