Robot messages,

martin_b

Gents 

can i make  a suggestion that the wanted topic is set to hidden till youre a member with at least a couple of posts.  Every time i place a wanted ad i get messages like this back.

'Hi you can reach out to Steven in Texas he has the mil scope and rings for sale this is his email address stevenmath298@gmail.com good luck'

The message was posted by someone who joined 20mins before sending  the message, and id bet my bottom dollar is a robot somewhere,

just a thought.

Yep, just had the same message from 'Jasonxx' in reply to a wanted post. And previously from 'saint.andrew'.

I think the proposal of keeping it hidden until a member has a few posts or has spent some time as a user would be a good idea.

I'll have a look at the limiter idea.

We mark this idiot as a spammer each time they appear - assuming it's the same person/ team - can't be a robot, the conversational interactions in the messages are bespoke .

Lee, would I be correct if I were to presume you've had no further contact from 'Andrew' since your alert?

At least this guy asked you to Reach out ( God i hate that phrase) to some one local,  though Im still not convinced its not a robot,  you can do some pretty clever things with AI now?

If you want to run a test put in a wanted add for a "Unicorn and a Dodo" and lets see if anyone in America has a pair!  Actually something like a SMLE MK XII  might be a better test.

t

Guys, has anyone else had issues with 'saint.andrews' ?? A friend of mine was sent into for a Kahles scope, he sent the money to this guy that was referred by Saint Andrew and now it seems it's a dead end.

Yep.....pulled out before sending  any payments!

I think with what has been goin on in the ukv Forums, stricter rules , may have to be implemented. I think if you are not sure about a member always throw caution to the wind. Can be a costly exercise? Only my thoughts 👍

55 minutes ago, lee w 118 said:

I think with what has been goin on in the ukv Forums, stricter rules , may have to be implemented. I think if you are not sure about a member always throw caution to the wind. Can be a costly exercise? Only my thoughts 👍

As in any transaction in life; caveat emptor.

This feqqer is clearly tgting the board -  definitely not a robot.

Apply common sense.

No one legit is unphoneable.

28 minutes ago, brown dog said:

As in any transaction in life; caveat emptor.

This feqqer is clearly tgting the board - other than binning 'wanted'; little we can do.  Apply common sense.

No one legit is unphoneable.

Just made a couple of system tweaks.

Won't describe them 'in public'. 

Hopefully, will thin the thief out.

Meanwhile, to our guest:

Weather looks nice in Nigeria. Smile at the drone buddy.