Advice with Fortmeier bi-pod?

I bought this new and unused Fortmeier bipod last year to go onto my Tikka Tac A1, I was told by the owner that all I needed was to buy a spigot and it would mount at the 6 or 12 o'clock position, I went ahead and bought the spigot and looking at it, I'm guessing that it'll be near on impossible to make it fit at the 12 o'clock position which is what I was hoping for. 

Has anyone got any ideas to make it mount at the 12 o'clock position or will it be a case of having to buy a new bridge? 

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20200408-164235_Gallery.jpg

Remove the spigot from the bipod. You will see a cap screw in the spigot. Remove this cap screw and refit in the opposite side. Ie 180 degrees from where it was. The spigot is now configured to be fitted to the top of your rifle at the 12 o'clock position. I can take a pic if it will help.

Thanks for the replies, I've tried what was suggested when I first got the spigot. 

These are the results, thought I'd best upload some photos at its easier than typing an explanation. 

As you can see, once the lever is removed it still leaves the adjuster sitting proud, once that is removed you can't tighten the bipod to the spigot, I'm guessing I can replace the adjuster drum /bolt with a standard socket cap head and tighten it then attach it to the rail but I'll be missing the quick release adjustment? 

Screenshot_20200408-184640_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200408-184655_Gallery.jpg

Also just to point out you have the short bipod. So that  means your gonna have to have it at full extension. Which is not something I would want to do as your going to run into situations where your barrel will be to low and  you have no where to go.

just for the record I have 2 tic tacs and use the same bipods. Just the next size up on all my rifles. 

3 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

Also just to point out you have the short bipod. So that  means your gonna have to have it at full extension. Which is not something I would want to do as your going to run into situations where your barrel will be to low and  you have no where to go.

just for the record I have 2 tic tacs and use the same bipods. Just the next size up on all my rifles. 

Thanks for the advice, I'll pull the rifle out of the cabinet tomorrow and have another look.  

38 minutes ago, Trigger73 said:

Yup it works, so yours is the same as mine minus the quick release lever, looks like you have you got a standard bolt in there? 

Thats how it came. Does yours have the hole at the top of the bipod. The first pic looks like it doesn't. I modified mine to be adjustable without tools.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cbbZkTmgru6yaE28

2 hours ago, Richiew said:

Here’s photo of over the top type , although it only get s used under the rifle  . Allen key is to set the friction required. Spigot to fit front of AI AT 308 .

cheers 

image.jpg

I'm going to have to get hold of a bolt during this lock down somehow and see how things work with mine?