AICS 5 round 6 dasher coversion

lee w 118

• 1 month later...

Contact baldie on here I’m sure he imports them or something similar.

Or you can buy ready made br/dasher magazines from MDT in Canada, they ship direct to your front door and are around £60 if I remember rightly but they are 12 round mags. 

10 hours ago, Woodlander said:

Hi Lee, are you hoping to magazine feed a br case?  
I’m looking to get a 6br to mag feed but have been advised it won’t be straightforward.  I’ve settled on a T3 as a donor action.

I know it's not a T3, but a Sako 75 action will mag feed 6br if you use the 6ppc mag.

It won't work Woodlander.

The stock was designed prior to AICS .223 mags becoming available. It won't feed 223, no matter what you do with it, and a 6mmBr is similar, length wise.

Short cartridges are out of the lips, before they have engaged the chamber mouth, and jam.

Feeds .308 length cases, no problem however.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:45 PM, Soggy biscuit said:

Contact baldie on here I’m sure he imports them or something similar.

Or you can buy ready made br/dasher magazines from MDT in Canada, they ship direct to your front door and are around £60 if I remember rightly but they are 12 round mags. 

Hi there trying to have a 5 shot Aics, with mag conversion.  Dont stick out to far 😁, cheers Lee

20 hours ago, Woodlander said:

Hi Lee, are you hoping to magazine feed a br case?  
I’m looking to get a 6br to mag feed but have been advised it won’t be straightforward.  I’ve settled on a T3 as a donor action.

Using Aics mag system. 👍 .Dont know about T3 , Dave , ie baldie on here is your man. Give him a ring and he will put you write 👍

We stock the 12 round 6mm BR mags, £79.94 delivered. Much cheaper than buying direct from MDT (if you factor their EU pricing + shipping + parcelforce import duties).

https://riflemags.co.uk/mdt-6mm-br-12-round-aics-magazine/

They are the same length as a 10 round Accurate Mag, a shorter version is on the MDT todo list radar but nothing anytime soon.

We'll be stocking a similar kit in Q2 next year for use with standard 5 round mags.

😎

On 10/30/2019 at 4:52 PM, baldie said:

It won't work Woodlander.

The stock was designed prior to AICS .223 mags becoming available. It won't feed 223, no matter what you do with it, and a 6mmBr is similar, length wise.

Short cartridges are out of the lips, before they have engaged the chamber mouth, and jam.

Feeds .308 length cases, no problem however.

You did tell me that before Dave, I had forgotten and thanks for the explanation.  
I’ll have to think again, as to my choice of chassis as I’m pretty much stuck on the 6br.  

The 6mmBr works perfectly well in  a Tikka. Just pick one of the modern chassis.

My mag conversion will work with either a 5 or 10 round AICS mag , and covers a wide variety of "small" cartridges, including the .224 Valkyrie.

I'm just finishing a 6mmBr, pics up later.

• 3 months later...

Alright Scotch, had it from the states.Had a hour yesterday with some 800 grit, its as smooth as glass 😁 .Got stung for duty but never mind. I can use AW and Aics in new action so i will give these awhirl and try 10 shot Aw only thing will be is i will have to change mag release catch for AW mag. With the Aics mag there is not a lot of protrusion out of the magwell so pleased with the end result , 😁

Lee I think you need to do a new post on your new a action, especially on that stock you have. 

my Accuracy International AT mags scratch the fudge out of the 6.5x47 brass I am running. I am following suit With the 800 grit and elbow grease. 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:02 PM, Scotch_egg said:

Lee I think you need to do a new post on your new a action, especially on that stock you have. 

my Accuracy International AT mags scratch the fudge out of the 6.5x47 brass I am running. I am following suit With the 800 grit and elbow grease. 

Scotch, just take your time doing  it and it will work fine . My thinking obout using a short mag is less sticking out, and a lot less to snag on when your out using your stick.👍

• 1 year later...
On 2/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, lee w 118 said:

Just had mag conversions delivered,  top lips on mag are scratching the brass. As any one done sanding on steel to smooth out  feed lip imperfections 👍

20200229_122222.jpg

Hi lee 

could you tell me we’re you got the mag conversion kit please 

im in the same position 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 6:20 AM, baldie said:

The 6mmBr works perfectly well in  a Tikka. Just pick one of the modern chassis.

My mag conversion will work with either a 5 or 10 round AICS mag , and covers a wide variety of "small" cartridges, including the .224 Valkyrie.

I'm just finishing a 6mmBr, pics up later.

Hi dave

i am following this with interest, 

I am looking at having my bat vr action, converted in 6mm br , with a MDT hss3 stock 

Would would the conversion kit work with this