Christensen MPR

Is anyone else having issues with Christensen Firearms not wanting their money?

I am after an MPR in 6.5 Creedmoor, been 3 months now and not even an indication of a possible date. Anyone else with the same problem?

Any thoughts on an alternative?

TIA Minion

Josh's is the only carbon barrel i've seen in use, that doesn't play silly buggers under sustained fire.

I shot a rifle with one of the foreign barrels fitted last weekend, and once it had got warm, extraction was "interesting"

Not something I would use or sell.

Apart from Josh's.

Their usual use, is on a hunting rifle. Hunters want light weight, and usually only fire one or two shots in a session.

Different thing entirely, on a target rifle.

47 minutes ago, baldie said:

Josh's is the only carbon barrel i've seen in use, that doesn't play silly buggers under sustained fire.

I shot a rifle with one of the foreign barrels fitted last weekend, and once it had got warm, extraction was "interesting"

Not something I would use or sell.

Apart from Josh's.

Their usual use, is on a hunting rifle. Hunters want light weight, and usually only fire one or two shots in a session.

Different thing entirely, on a target rifle.

Having supplied and fitted more Proof Research barrels than most in the UK, I can’t say my findings would be the same as yours.

I wish Josh all the best in his new venture, but there aren’t enough examples of his products in general use yet to give an accurate picture of their true performance.

One of the lads here came in midfield result in a National F Class shoot with his Hardy carbon barrelled hunting rifle in 7RM.

My first carbon barrel also a Hardy will be fitted next week. We will see. I still think it adds another bit to the puzzle and for comps my take is the standard steel barrel would be safer.

Is there a link to Josh's website or price list?

Recently a guy I know well from Luxembourg received his Christensen rifle. He is a bit disappointed in the performance, said it might go again.

edi

There has been mixed reports of the performance of the Christian Arms tactical rifle reading on other forums

Cant say I’ve noticed issues with Hardy or Proof research barrels though have only shot a couple under sustained range use 

I plan to try one in a fast twist 6mm in another rifle soon 

4 hours ago, Danpd said:

Having supplied and fitted more Proof Research barrels than most in the UK, I can’t say my findings would be the same as yours.

I wish Josh all the best in his new venture, but there aren’t enough examples of his products in general use yet to give an accurate picture of their true performance.

Have you rebarelled in Hardy or christian arms tubes and what are your findings in perfomance and accuracy of the two againnst the proof research.  

14 minutes ago, lee w 118 said:

Have you rebarelled in Hardy or christian arms tubes and what are your findings in perfomance and accuracy of the two againnst the proof research.  

I’ve had a lot of unhappy customers with Christensen, couldn’t recommend. Have seen some shocking factory ‘bedding’ on their rifles too. 

have fitted a few Hardy tubes,  just average button barrels with some carbon wrapped on. Shot ok, but with the price not far from a Proof, most people would rather opt for one of those. 

As I always tell my customers, the main benefit of any carbon barrel is weight saving and bling. None of them shoot better than the equivalent Bartlein etc, and generally you are double the cost of the equivalent steel blank. 

I hope josh's barells take off English produce and a nice chap to speak to. Sad about christensen, and hardy what your opinion is on there tubes. Never tried any of them , went with Benchmark fluted 1450g from pete walker 👍😁

Hope to have two 6.5Creed rifles ready by mid summer, one with a 20" Hardy the other with a 24" Hawk Hill Marksman also 1/8. My bet is on the Hawk Hill but we'll see. Big weight difference, the hardy barrel in raw only weighs in at 1.2kg. Will be a tactical rifle with similar weight of a T3 Lite.

edi

There appears to be an MPR on gun trader and Rifleman firearms appear to be an importer

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/christensen-arms/bolt-action/6-5mm-creedmoor/mpr-180810131106005

I have a Cristensen arms TFM stock with a BAT VR action and proof carbon barrel built by Dolphin. c10lbs with the March scope.

post-14134-0-36208700-1500238892.jpg

It shoots very well (as it should with those bits) and I think the proof barrels are very good, even under sustained fire (approved by US military for full auto apparently) but I would say.

1, A bartlein would be as/more accurate at lower cost and more choice in profile and length - just heavier

2, The TFM stock is very 'tacticool' but (in retrospect with more experience) I reckon a PSE composites stock with LOP spacers would be lighter and less fiddly 

3, Mik at Dolphin found Cristensen fairly unresponsive too

good luck

Hi all,

Many thanks for your comments. Have decided to ditch the CA route as it just seems ludicrous to me that after all these months they still dont have an even approximate date.

Have now ordered a Proof Carbon barrel and action to go into a Magpull Pro stock.

Will be a couple of months, I can live with that. The waiting and not knowing with CA was just too damn frustrating.

Thank you all.

Minion

• 3 years later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, Hobbit said:

There appears to be an MPR on gun trader and Rifleman firearms appear to be an importer

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/christensen-arms/bolt-action/6-5mm-creedmoor/mpr-180810131106005

I have a Cristensen arms TFM stock with a BAT VR action and proof carbon barrel built by Dolphin. c10lbs with the March scope.

http://content.invisioncic.com/l87729/monthly_07_2017/post-14134-0-36208700-1500238892.jpg

It shoots very well (as it should with those bits) and I think the proof barrels are very good, even under sustained fire (approved by US military for full auto apparently) but I would say.

1, A bartlein would be as/more accurate at lower cost and more choice in profile and length - just heavier

2, The TFM stock is very 'tacticool' but (in retrospect with more experience) I reckon a PSE composites stock with LOP spacers would be lighter and less fiddly 

3, Mik at Dolphin found Cristensen fairly unresponsive too

good luck

Do you still have this rifle? I would be very interested in purchasing this from you!