mk4,s

dave thorniley

hi, why do a lot of shooters have bad things to say about leupold mk 4,s nowdays, ive used them for years and found them to be a great scope, infact I have them on my five rifles and never had a problem, unlike the night force I had which was a heap of cack, any thought,s dave.

dave i have a mk4 and it is very very good mine is an 8.5x25x50 and i have never had a problem.i am selling it though as i only stalk these days and dont need the magnification.i think its because of the new kid on the block syndrome with all the bells and whistles.i have many leupolds and all have been excellent.i have just bought a delta titainium 2.5 x15x56.this is my woodlands scope so time will tell.nothing wrong with mk4 scopes.

I'm happy with mine. I have a 4 - 14 x 50 and at first found the eye relief variance on mag annoying but once I had the right mounting position then it isn't now noticed.

Unlike my Nightforce with the rotating ocular, so with a butler creek cap becomes a bit of a pain.

Quite simple Dave....

The eye relief can change from 2" to 4" from low to high mag. I,ve never seen one yet where you could clearly see the edge of the sight picture either.

Hi All , I can't speak for the zoom options as when i hear Mk4 mentioned i only think of the 10x40mm & the 16x40mm scopes . I have two 16x40's boosted to 24x which perform well at long range and yes they don't show as much light as a 56mm / 34mm scope but you wouldn't expect them to . I can't say the optic edge is any different than the centre on either of mine , the only thing I find annoying is the parallax adjustment is so fine that without a lever you can easily keep going past .

I can't say anything bad about NXS's either , all of mine work well and yes it would be better if the eyepiece didn't turn with the zoom but if that's all i can find that i don't like then I'll cope .

OSOK

I'm happy with mine. I have a 4 - 14 x 50 and at first found the eye relief variance on mag annoying but once I had the right mounting position then it isn't now noticed.

Unlike my Nightforce with the rotating ocular, so with a butler creek cap becomes a bit of a pain.

I had one when extended scope mounts were a thing of the future.

The the eye relief thing could be an issue but I learned to live with it

That 4.5-14x50 helped me to win 4 Practical League titles, 2 CSR Championships, the CSR league once, the PR Nationals. countless PR league and CSR matches and be on 6 or so Methuen Cup winning teams.I always found it clear and reliable

I had a couple as well, never had reason to complain. I suspect a lot of it is picked up from the US forums where there are many of tales of poor customer service when there were issues with the turrets, and the older MOA/MIL scopes got dissed when MIL/MIL appeared. Kind of stuck I suppose.

I did get a reticle changed by them and it wasn't their finest hour. Good job when I got it though.

Lack of zero stop, MIL/MOA(who the fark thought that was smart?), and the change in eye relief let them down a little.

However, I do like my 8.5-25x50, nice glass, and quite robust.

Easy to make a DIY zero stop, you soon get used to working between MIL/MOA, and during the day the vast majority of my shooting is done at max mag, so the eye relief thing rarely presents itself.

Taken some silverware with mine.....

thxs guys, ive got mk 4s on my six rifles, and never had a problem with any, I except the eye relief is critical, but once its set , I find its fine, im not a target shooter but ive shot out to 900 yds, and the loopys have always done their job, thxs for your replies dave.

Archived