Ballistic AE app 99p !!!!!

rimmie

rimmie,agreed-I have Lapua too-of course several ballistic calculators are unlikely to agree 100%,and also be correct-given the variable info fed in. There is a useful message there,in itself.

We might get a fair few posts when this shows up-two predictions from differnt algorithms (key word-they have some default possibly different,assumptions built in.)

Whole lot better than none ( "the ***lazer-blazer shoots dead flat to ****yards" ).

MIght be fun. :-)

gbal

Haven't tried anything to better Strelock Pro yet (it always seems to predict trajectories with surprising accuracy when G7 data, measured MV and environmental conditions are entered) but will look at the new Lapua one out of interest.

dave,it's an Advanced Predictive Program,an application for these new fangled abacuses (sometimes better than the necktop).

For example,there is the one for your age-you just enter in the year you were born,and it tells you how old you are.

Pretty impressive-accurate to 1943,at least,in my first hand experience (confirmed by BC-Birth Certificate) :-)

gbal

Just downloaded the Lapua one. Must admit, I prefer Strelock pro by a long way, perhaps as that's what I'm used to. It allows input of corrective data for one thing such as measured MVs at various temperatures, and applies a temperature adjustment to actual conditions. Can't see this on Lapua's one. I did enter a few examples on both, and as expected, both returned the same solutions given the same data, but I'll stick with Strelock.

Just downloaded the Lapua one. Must admit, I prefer Strelock pro by a long way, perhaps as that's what I'm used to. It allows input of corrective data for one thing such as measured MVs at various temperatures, and applies a temperature adjustment to actual conditions. Can't see this on Lapua's one. I did enter a few examples on both, and as expected, both returned the same solutions given the same data, but I'll stick with Strelock.

What he said....

What he said....

So both return the same results, but all y'all prefer the one that costs twelve quid versus the one that costs absolutely nothing?

OK then, that's pretty speshul, what next?

So both return the same results, but all y'all prefer the one that costs twelve quid versus the one that costs absolutely nothing?

OK then, that's pretty speshul, what next?

No, that's not what's being said....I think! They only return the same results inputting the same data as you'd expect with any freeware app as the maths ought to be the same. Point is, you don't have the advanced features such as temperature sensitivity in the Lapua one, nor does it allow corrections to chrony data by entering actual bullet drop data etc, or a way of modifying BC from actual field measurements. The bullet data is no doubt where the Lapua version will score with those using Lapua bullets. For the rest of us, I can't really see any advantage and quite a few disadvantages. The Strelock pro version just seems more versatile and comprehensive and has features such as a large database of rets to match your own glass etc. It's worth the extra imho. Mind you, none of these apps are worth a damn if you can't read the wind accurately, and I know that's where my own weakness is.

Archived