Tikka T3 oversize bolt knob.

Aussie Foxer

Surely it would if it's a genuine Tikka / Sako product ?

Keyword being "if"...

Easily manufactured, easily peddled as 'the real thing' and an easy way to line someones pocket..Never seen on Sako or Tikka website, or GMK for that matter.

IMO - Better choice would be buying any of the tactical knobs available, and no they're not OEM products either but, a hell of a lot more useable bolt-knob that absolutely transforms the cycling action of any variant of a T3

ATB

good evening,i have four of these and they are brilliant,i have had two of these for five years and have never slipped I put a small amount of grease inside to help them slip on and to stop rust from formimg they have never moved the tikka writing soon rubs off though.the first ones I bought actually came from Norway not finland as I could not get them in the uk the second set came from a uk seller but not flea bay,very good in my opinion makes for very quick cycling of the bolt.

The rubber-ball-bolt-things are very Scandinavian, and excellent.

Warm in a bowl of hot water, a few dabs of silicon grease, and it's on as permanently as you want it to be.

The 'branding' would wear off quickly, just buy the cheapest - they're 'normal' kit in Scandinavia..

Before and after:

post-1450-0-60611300-1472883997_thumb.jpg

post-1450-0-54437200-1472884036_thumb.jpg

What, exactly, is wrong with the cycling action of a T3?

Until some-one actually pipes up and says "it'll TRANSFORM your cycling action" you'd be forgiven for thinking the answer to the above is "absolutely nothing!".

I've been using mine for a year or so and have fired over 1000 rounds from it with absolutely no conscious effort or quibble about the cycling action.

Are these bolt-on blings just designed to separate the gullible from their hard earned, or genuinely (no flippancy meant) how, exactly, is it that they might improve one's shooting?

As with all the positive comments- handles great,nice feel (subjective of course-esp in winter-Scandinavia?)

No movement,actually quite hard to remove,without lube.

'genuine' ones were about £14-Bush did them,and others....I also got a couple of chinese ones for about £5 on eBay,as they were a tad smaller diameter-no logo-and better proportions for smaller actions.Seem just as good.

They are hopeless for squash,though,being near solid-other than just a tight fit factory bolt space,any color so long as it's black.

Super ergonomics,great price,removable-what's not to try?

Re ergonomics/factory-my Tikka 65M sniper has a large round hard plastic bolt knob which is very good-the rubber one is actually better for grip.)

gbal

What, exactly, is wrong with the cycling action of a T3?

Until some-one actually pipes up and says "it'll TRANSFORM your cycling action" you'd be forgiven for thinking the answer to the above is "absolutely nothing!".

I've been using mine for a year or so and have fired over 1000 rounds from it with absolutely no conscious effort or quibble about the cycling action.

Are these bolt-on blings just designed to separate the gullible from their hard earned, or genuinely (no flippancy meant) how, exactly, is it that they might improve one's shooting?

I like to rest my thumb on the shroud and do a sort of hand roll/upwards karate chop with upper side of my hand - the ball makes that a much comfier movement.

I like to rest my thumb on the shroud and do a sort of hand roll/upwards karate chop with upper side of my hand - the ball makes that a much comfier movement.

Good point. I've not really considered it. I try and keep my cheek planted during cycling and have got used to the standard bolt handle, but, yes, I can see how making the end larger would make for more comfort. I guess, what I baulk at is the £50 or so that I've seen some handles going for (daylight robbery). May have a go at making up something in timber :)

The rubber-ball-bolt-things are very Scandinavian, and excellent.

Warm in a bowl of hot water, a few dabs of silicon grease, and it's on as permanently as you want it to be.

The 'branding' would wear off quickly, just buy the cheapest - they're 'normal' kit in Scandinavia..

Before and after:

attachicon.gifnoballP1010023.jpg

attachicon.gifballP1010078.jpg

Nice looking setup that DB

There is an alternative product rthat eplaces the complete bolt handle with a larger black tipped shaped non metallic part end and it also comes with a replacement metal bolt shroud. I've used these quality items for at least 5 years without a problem and in cold weather are an improvement on the original. Mark Beattie a gun dealer in South Wales sells them through The Stalking Directory. But, the complete kit is a lot more £s. Cheers, K

Archived