Self pity

MrCetrizine

Can beat that?,,,,for my Son,,,,,he left home two years ago to go to London to study and achieve his Masters Degree.,,,,,,,,first time back and out on the Moors,,,,,Not a rabbit anywhere???,,,,,,,He,s now hoping to work in Sweden,,,,,another long term rip,,,,my self pity,,,,,,only Mums and Dads will understand,,,,,,That is all,,,,,,,,O

I took the week off work to go shooting.

I have a stinking cold on the hottest day of the year.

I've just had to take my dog to the vet with mild heatstroke (she's fine).

I haven't shot anything and it's already Wednesday.

That is all.

Have you got a cold or is it hay fever? When I was 16 I joined the RAF and moved from Tyneside to leafy rural Buckinghamshire for my apprenticeship. I suffered badly from what I assumed were colds but now I now to have been hay fever, due to moving to an environment new to me, open countryside with lots of big broadleaf trees that don't grow in Wallsend. (Let's face it, not much does.) Hay fever is nothing to do with hay as such, it's an allergic reaction to pollen from sources as diverse as trees and nettles. Unless you know for sure you have a cold, it may be worth a chat with your GP or pharmacist. I use "hay bands" now: http://hay-band.co.uk/ they don't lay me flat the way some anti histamines can but they are still effective.

I've lived with chronic hayfever or more accurately, tree pollen and dust allergy my whole life.

My name on here, Mr Cetirizine comes from Cetirizine Hydrochloride which is the active ingredient in the antihistamine I have taken daily for most of my life.

It's definitely just a cold but one of those that goes straight to your chest and makes you feel like you're drowning in your own juices.

On the plus side, I felt well enough today to go and shoot 25 test rounds after load developing last month. Nice consistent groups, nothing better than 0.5 MOA but nothing over 0.8 which I'm happy with in a factory barrel and action.

I also shot 100 through my AR because I could, unlike anyone from Massachusetts who doesn't already own one.

Can beat that?,,,,for my Son,,,,,he left home two years ago to go to London to study and achieve his Masters Degree.,,,,,,,,first time back and out on the Moors,,,,,Not a rabbit anywhere???,,,,,,,He,s now hoping to work in Sweden,,,,,another long term rip,,,,my self pity,,,,,,only Mums and Dads will understand,,,,,,That is all,,,,,,,,O

My daughter moved out last month, to start a new life living with her boyfriend. I miss her more than i thought i would.... The Mrs is still blubbering at times! :rolleyes:

I've lived with chronic hayfever or more accurately, tree pollen and dust allergy my whole life.

My name on here, Mr Cetirizine comes from Cetirizine Hydrochloride which is the active ingredient in the antihistamine I have taken daily for most of my life.

It's definitely just a cold but one of those that goes straight to your chest and makes you feel like you're drowning in your own juices.

On the plus side, I felt well enough today to go and shoot 25 test rounds after load developing last month. Nice consistent groups, nothing better than 0.5 MOA but nothing over 0.8 which I'm happy with in a factory barrel and action.

I also shot 100 through my AR because I could, unlike anyone from Massachusetts who doesn't already own one.

You have my sympathy living with that. As I did not know your medical history I thought it worth flagging up the allergy possibility. As a kid many years ago I had probably never heard of hay fever hence my assumption that I was suffering from a cold.

On the brighter side, it's good to learn that you are well enough to shoot your AR. I have an SGC Speedmaster and a Tactical Solutions based M4 lookalike .22RF and am very enthusiastic about the AR platform.

I lost my beloved Labrador 'Red' last Friday , im over the initial shock , trembling and feeling sick now but for 2-3 days i just couldn't think of anything else . He had just turned 15 . He was my tru best friend . We were soo close , im going to miss hugging him the most . I know im not the only dog lover here , allot of you know what its like . Soo sad to let them go :( crap photo but other better ones wouldn't upload grr

post-11882-0-64651600-1469224967_thumb.jpg

I lost my beloved Labrador 'Red' last Friday , im over the initial shock , trembling and feeling sick now but for 2-3 days i just couldn't think of anything else . He had just turned 15 . He was my tru best friend . We were soo close , im going to miss hugging him the most . I know im not the only dog lover here , allot of you know what its like . Soo sad to let them go :( crap photo but other better ones wouldn't upload grr

Very sorry to hear that, losing a Dag...or Cat is one of the worst feelings

Thank you guys it means allot ...True gents you are :)

"...the best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his worst enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is...his dog.

Gentlemen of the Jury: a man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death." "

Full story here:

http://dogpage.mcf.com/misc/TributeToTheDog.html

maximus otter

Archived