ruger precision rifle

banus02

Both three shots at 100yds

Very nice Wazzer. What load were you using for the two 100m groups? Were you bench rested for these?

Edit: I've just reread the thread and have seen you've bought the 6.5. I'm personally interested in the 308 - so please don't worry about the loads.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great bipod

I have the same bipod on my 6.5CM, eventually will probably follow your route with the Magpull PRS. If you don't mind me asking (PM if you want), how much was the Magpull stock fitted?

What's your scope, Vortex? I have a Sightron 8x32x56 on mine.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same bipod on my 6.5CM, eventually will probably follow your route with the Magpull PRS. If you don't mind me asking (PM if you want), how much was the Magpull stock fitted?

What's your scope, Vortex? I have a Sightron 8x32x56 on mine.

I fitted the PRS stock myself just required the buffer tube to be swapped for a rifle one, the scope is a vortex 6 x 24 but looking to change it for one with greater magnification

Hi, first post.

Have been reading some American posts on the RPR and reminded me of the old joke of the retiring school caretaker. 50 years in the same job and on his last day he asks if he can take his broom home with him. When asked why he says, 'been using the same broom since I started. Only had four new heads and two new handles in 50 years'.

When is an RPR not an RPR? After you've changed the stock, bolt sleeve, pistol grip, trigger unit, barrel, hand guard, bolt knob etc is it still the same rifle? Why not buy a custom rifle in the first place?

Apologies if I sound jealous but have been waiting weeks for my variation so I can pick up my RPR and yes I willl change bits, don't like the pistol grip, first thing to go.

Jat,welcome to the forum!

NIce light touch,that raised an interesting question-and it's especially refreshing to have some critical (which includes the positive) comment that admits we can all resist everything except temptation....

Maybe for some it's cash flow-has to be bit by bit,and maybe it just kind of creeps up on you,before you realise the whole is actually a bit less than the sum of the parts...but it's got you over a barrel...alas,the factory barrel...which is good enough ....or is it...? :-)

gbal

Hi, first post.

Have been reading some American posts on the RPR and reminded me of the old joke of the retiring school caretaker. 50 years in the same job and on his last day he asks if he can take his broom home with him. When asked why he says, 'been using the same broom since I started. Only had four new heads and two new handles in 50 years'.

When is an RPR not an RPR? After you've changed the stock, bolt sleeve, pistol grip, trigger unit, barrel, hand guard, bolt knob etc is it still the same rifle? Why not buy a custom rifle in the first place?

Apologies if I sound jealous but have been waiting weeks for my variation so I can pick up my RPR and yes I willl change bits, don't like the pistol grip, first thing to go.

Or an AI

Actually it would be interesting to understand the cost of tricked up RPR vs an AT.

Anyone ....

Well to trick mine up cost £420, so with the rifle it was a total of £1550. So overall not a bad price and the other week shooting at 900 yds I finished four points behind my mate who was shooting his AT with a custom barrel, both in 6.5cm

Or an AI

Actually it would be interesting to understand the cost of tricked up RPR vs an AT.

Anyone ....

My AI AT cost £3300 (ex stock from Cheshire Gun Room, Stockport) + bipod (about £285) + scope (can cost whatever you wish to pay), A new AI AT now is about £3700.

My Ruger PR at the moment - (Rifle £1150 + ti bolt shroud (https://www.riflecraft.co.uk/titanium-bolt-shroud, £69.99+P&P say £75 total) + bipod (http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk/cleaning-kits.html, £285+P&P, say £295),

The next stage would involve the cost of a re-barrel say £720 + Magpul PRS stock not sure about £200 [http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/magpul-precision-rifle-stock-black-mag307-bk-12983-p.asp]+ P&P and fitting - say £350? then just add the scope of your choice. Equates to mine + next stage mods = £2590. Also Snipers Hide recommend changing the handguard, that would be another cost.

However, how many people spend £2.5k / £3k on custom Remi 700?

In terms of the bolt shroud, does it make any difference other than aesthetics? As I have seen the they do a couple of versions and the new rpr has been upgraded to a metal rather than plastic.

Not sure if it makes any difference, I read a number of reviews and noting that the latest version has a metal bolt shroud I decided to replace mine; whether its an upgrade or just a change is probably subjective (I didn't even shoot mine with the plastic shroud - only because I was waiting for a suitable day to get to the range, not because I had any concerns with the plastic shroud).

Archived