atn x sight 3-12 any word?

mole trapper

There have been a few firmware upgrades (the last was in mid September) - however, no matter how good they manage to get the software, the basic concept is all wrong for night vision work. and it will never be as good as a Photon, N750 or Drone Pro.

The simple fact is that the X Sight is the best digital day sight available and about the worst digital night sight available.

Cheers

Bruce

• 4 weeks later...

Photons are unbeatable for the money.

Yes, I have this as an option I guess.

It's not that I don't want to, but I can't afford to get a Drone Pro... I'm looking into setting up a dedicated night time shooter and I'm looking into optics. I should probably start a new thread.

Yes, I have this as an option I guess.

It's not that I don't want to, but I can't afford to get a Drone Pro... I'm looking into setting up a dedicated night time shooter and I'm looking into optics. I should probably start a new thread.

6.5x50 Photon.

Need some reviews on the new photon 6.5...i had the last xt model but had trouble ..is the new photon any batter...

AFAIK, same electronics - just a different objective lens

Cheers

Bruce

Need some reviews on the new photon 6.5...i had the last xt model but had trouble ..is the new photon any batter...

I got hold of a 6.5XT back in June and was doing quite well with it before I upgraded the smaller 4.6 XT with a Pentax lens, I haven't look back since

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12194&p=106223#p106223

This was before I upgraded my IR torches to the new AS series Oslon Black led - a massive improvement over the original OB led and this should be the first thing you do to upgrade.

I had one of the original Photons when they first came out, fitted it with a doubler and for me it still drifted in and out of focus... the XT is much better. The reticle on the 6.5 just about covers a rabbit at 200m, I never bothered with a doubler in it.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Archived