Recommend me a head torch plz

Rammer223

Hi all

Looking for head torch the el cheapo 10 quid led jobs aren't doing it for me just want something to help when changing batteries on drone etc. and good enough for picking up after job done

Thanks in advance Lee

Hi all

Looking for head torch the el cheapo 10 quid led jobs aren't doing it for me just want something to help when changing batteries on drone etc. and good enough for picking up after job done

Thanks in advance Lee

Any from the Petzl range are good.

I work at a fish farm and use one of these every night through autumn/winter in ALL conditions for 5 years now .

https://clulite.cluson.co.uk/headlights/359-super-spot-rechargeable-headalite.html

the best torch I have used so far , 18 hours use on high beam and 24 hours on low . No silly batteries to charge separately, just plug it in .

LED Lenser H7 is on my wishlist this winter.

Amazing torch.

I've had two of the H7R's, and although they're good they break quite easily.

First one, one of the cables snapped.

Second one, the plastic 'bracket' holding the head strap has broken.

Been looking for a replacement myself recently so I'm going to try one of the clulites recommended above.

I have two of the these,"eBay item number:201430347369", they are brilliant flood or spot, spot will do 50-60yds, and it comes with rechargable batteries..

I have a stalking mate with a petzl and these are in a different league, they last longer( battery wise) and are a lot lot brighter.

regards

N

I had a global rifle sniper systems one given to me by a mate. I would never ever pay their asking price as the quality is abysmal for the price. It is exactly the same as the ones you can get for 8 quid but with a sniper systems elastic but it runs on 18650s has a very adjustable spot to flood range and will do high power, low power and epilepsy mode. You don't need to cycle all the modes to get off you just hold the button down. A useful feature. Runtime is good and the quality of the beam is very easy for both distance and close up work. If you get a cheap version id say you can't go wrong. It's not weatherproof in any way though!

Petzl Pixa 3 is a good solid work light. Certainly not the brightest and the initial reaction was the beam length wasn't inspiring but having used it for various things including diy I am liking it. Low batteries have a warning light and to conserve it will drop back to the next intensity option when the power available is diminishing. Feels very robust, comfy and gives a feeling of dependability.

Current price is around £65 but shop around. I did and mine cost £48.

Archived