200yd mcqueens

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bisley and Diggle.

Those are places to shoot it, but what clubs partake.

I'm a member of Dudley Rifle Club and by which I have association with NRA and Hereford and Worcester Rifle Association.

DRC do not have enough full-bore members to book a competition at Bisley, an I'm not sure HWRA would be able to get squads for it either - which leads me back to my original question.

What clubs partake in this discipline, preferably Midlands based, but I'd consider travelling for a club shooting more fullbore than my current once bi-monthly >.<

Any individual member or club can book a target at Bisley. If you want the McQueens Castle I think you need to book two lanes and may have to pay extra for the Castle set up. LPSC regularly book Short Siberia for McQueens otherwise it's any of the Gallery Rifle weekends or the Imperial.

They run it at the Gallery Rifle events such as Spring Action Weekend, Phoenix, Autumn Action Weekend ( 200 yards on the PC target with .5moa bullseye )

Also at the Imperial ( 300 yards fig 14 with larger bullseye - just over 1 moa )

Honestly, no practice needed - just turn up and give it a go.

Next one is 24th October.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mcqueens again sunday.my best was 3v 7a.could of been better but whoever was in the butts kept putting the target too high and I had to shoot frew the frame to get near where vbull was .i did have 4 v's on another go but had the same happen.target was put up too high.4v's 4 a's and 2 B's. Conditions were not a breath of wind.stickledown was the same.scored good there.

Mcqueens again sunday.my best was 3v 7a.could of been better but whoever was in the butts kept putting the target too high and I had to shoot frew the frame to get near where vbull was .i did have 4 v's on another go but had the same happen.target was put up too high.4v's 4 a's and 2 B's. Conditions were not a breath of wind.stickledown was the same.scored good there.

Was that at 200 or 300 yards?

• 2 months later...

Best I could manage today at 300yds mcqueens was 1v 9a's, I think it was the best of the afternoon though, I surrounded the vbull, just could get anymore innit.i had several goes like you do, first go is the one that counts though, I had 1v 9a twice, had a 9a and a 10a, I did check my 308 to see how throat wear was going, not good, when i withdrew the modified case after seating the 155gr smk the end of plastic rod that goes frew the gauge was at the end of the case neck lol, my smk load is 2.870 oal and I still had 206 fow jump, accuracy still seemed excellent though, reckon I put 5 shots into about 1.5 inches at 300yds using a rear bag, cant see it doing thousands of rounds, just got another 1000 bullets too and loaded a third of them.

SS 200yds is 100yds Behind the 100m firing point.

Yes, you read that right the 100 point is metres apparently so it qualifies for UIT competition etc.

That's what was told to me by M Farnan some time ago

I wasn't there so my apologies for going off topic slightly but I enjoy shooting the McQueens will some one post when there is a comp coming up please? There was a company running comps quite regularly but haven't here'd that they are doing any this year.

I wasn't there so my apologies for going off topic slightly but I enjoy shooting the McQueens will some one post when there is a comp coming up please? There was a company running comps quite regularly but haven't here'd that they are doing any this year.

I suspect your next chance is the Phoenix Meeting 27, 28 & 29 May.

I managed a very poor score on Saturday at the SAW McQueens.

2x V's

5x 5's

3x4's

This was at Short Siberia 200 yards (or whatever you rangefinder says it is!) :)

So come on, who shot it and more importantly what did you beat my score by!

2 x V

8 x 5

Curse that wind. Zero wind on flag but a vortex down at rifle level. I was aiming off for a few of the shots.

Archived