Annealing

soother223

Just wondering if you guys started out with a new batch of cases, how many times would you use your cases before annealing them?

Also what point do you think cases go past the point of annealing ?

Regards

JCS

Hi JCS

I've recent had a quote from Bench Sorce for their machine but apparently they don't come with torches! the cheapest UL2317 torches which they recommend are about £27 each off Amazooon which torch did you get for your machine?

Cheers

Andy

As I am not shooting in volume I use a 16 station rotary system for volume or I just use a good old fashioned annealing cup and gas used is Map or Propane.

Sounds complicated ... ... ... tell us more.

Hopefully not, Giraud Tool are working on a induction unit but it's not yet available although my name is on the list for an upgrade kit.

So you all feel it's something you can't do by hand as it were?

No, you can do it by hand but its tedious if you have lots to do.

I've ordered an Annealeeze machine and will let you know what i think of it when it arrives. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Cheers

Jon

Fair enough...I understood that Giraud would not send outside of USA for ITAR reasons stated ......maybe my info is wrong or its just too complicated to be worth their while ?

• 2 weeks later...

"I've recent had a quote from Bench Sorce for their machine but apparently they don't come with torches! the cheapest UL2317 torches which they recommend are about £27 each off Amazooon which torch did you get for your machine?"

andybrock, sorry a little late on this thread. When I bought my Benchsource Machine directly they shipped it with everything needed to operate including the torches. The correct gas bottles were easily found at B&Q

Whilst expensive at the time I thoroughly recommend and the cost is soon forgotten over convenience. Easy to set up and run. I anneal brass after every firing

I hope to built a machine soon. I now use my brass five times and than a friend of mine anneals them. But I agree that it will be better ens more constant to anneal befor every reloading

Archived