Not long now !

baldie

What a fantastic week's shooting.

Good company, good Craic and an overwhelming feeling of Cameraderie.

The Titans of the CSR world fought it out in several very difficult matches. The wind was a right pig at times, especially on Pirbright no 2 range.

I won't ever forget the fabulous CQB match on Nelson range. As with all military ranges, it was just a wonderful place to be.

Hosepipe shot very well indeed, picking up all sorts of medals. I personally had my best ever meeting with 3 golds and a silver.

A big thank you to Mark, John, Fred, and Martin, plus all the RO,s and everyone who worked tirelessly to make the Imperial CSR meeting, the truly grand spectacle it is.

If you weren't there.........

well done dave, my ears were burning at times

I shot the whole week left handed, finished 12th and shot the highest score in the last match at 500 (49ex50) only to be surpassed by Jon Elliott, who shot a 50 clean.

I might add that Jon shot 11 possibles with a .308 Lawton actioned 22"barrelled M40A1 built by some bloke caller Bradders :D

Now, several people on this forum have stated an interest in CSR and threatened to come along.......but still haven't made an appearance.

Dave T, Ronin and Spud amongst others know who I'm talking about, don't you?

Hi bradders,seems like they need to get more medals, how many events are there all told then,I heard you had been shooting left handed due to an eye problem, ive many a go on the opposite shoulder, surprisingly you are better than than you expect,once was a 600yd snaps, I shot about the same as shooting right handed lol,

It was certainly a hard week for some of us, although the camaraderie was first class and a special thanks is due to Baldie who helped me out with some Isotonic tablets............and refused a case of Aunty Stella in return! :o

Good to meet some new friends as well; even if they only lurk on here, hello George! :)

Archived