6.5 x 47 Shorty Folder

Demo-Rifle collaboration with TWG Technical Services 18 inch BorderBarrels/SassenEngineering 6.5 8.5 twist Rem Varmint profile barrel in 6.5 x 47 Lapua. Stiller Spectre action, Manners 2015 EHF1 folder (probably the first in the country) Badger M5 bottom metal, 10rd AW magazine. 9.5lbs unscoped.

18647505325_2b93da540a_b.jpg

18647505185_9425e1f8c7_b.jpg

18647505235_8f976f22d5_b.jpg

18024809234_da68d50550_b.jpg

Looks ace Paddy

Really portable, highly accurate tool,., top end components that will last and stand up to working rifle "rigours"

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of dog.... that BD is interested... :)

Looks ace Paddy

Really portable, highly accurate tool,., top end components that will last and stand up to working rifle "rigours"

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of dog.... that BD is interested... :)

Yes and WOW!

Demo-Rifle collaboration with TWG Technical Services 18 inch BorderBarrels/SassenEngineering 6.5 8.5 twist Rem Varmint profile barrel in 6.5 x 47 Lapua. Stiller Spectre action, Manners 2015 EHF1 folder (probably the first in the country) Badger M5 bottom metal, 10rd AW magazine. 9.5lbs unscoped.

18647505325_2b93da540a_b.jpg

18647505185_9425e1f8c7_b.jpg

18647505235_8f976f22d5_b.jpg

18024809234_da68d50550_b.jpg

Well spec'd paddy. Would a non-folder be even lighter? A stiller running the double stack mag is an awesome tool

You could drop about a pound if you lose the adjustable cheek piece option Gary. A pound and a half if you go with the standard EH1.

Sweet!

Looking great Paddy. The components are obviously first class and I'm really warming to those stock patterns.

Any particular reason for the choice of caliber in this short barrel or was that a customer request?

Sweet!

Looking great Paddy. The components are obviously first class and I'm really warming to those stock patterns.

Any particular reason for the choice of caliber in this short barrel or was that a customer request?

Thanks Christian,

With the right powder, you should still get 2900fps with a 123 Scenar, and 3100fps and change with a 100gr Nosler BT. So it won't be a slouch whether your punching paper, banging gongs, or dropping Hinds.

Im running 20 inches on my Ax folder and I'm making 3000 with 123's with no brass deformation or flat primers and using hunting solids (105grains) its doing 3160,,,,,

2 inches less aint going to make any difference but may make it noticeable with some flash at the muzzle...

Thanks for the input both. That's very impressive.

Them damn gun mermaids are singing again, ouuuh you need a 6.5x47 ouuuuh, you know you do...

And with that folding stock it's a lovely little package.

Bit of background on this one, i have been hankering for some time for a short barrel folder but wanted it as light as possible within certain parameters but not been in the position to build one and i had not come across a stock which fitted the bill

I had a spectre acton in stock with trigger and a few other bits and by complete accident while i was searching for some parts for one if my customers I came across the stock, and could not resist the temptation !

So while the stock was on its way over, Patrick popped the barrel on to the action for me, the stock turned up Saturday and i drove straight from the airport after picking it up and we bolted it together .

May be a record for a custom build from idea to completion in just over a week and a half !!!!

Not shot it yet as i need to sort a scope and mod out and still undecided on what colour to paint the barrel and action if at all, the other thing is now i am thinking about how i can achieve a sub 10 lb rifle with scope, I have a plan but it may take a little time and work !

Big thank you to Patrick for sorting the machining out for me.

Keith

Keith,

nice bit of kit !

If you could fit a Bradders Spangly Doofer on the muzzle,and confirm it then points like an AR15,another mission would be accomplished too. :-)

gbal

Hi Keith,

first stop for that sub 10lb rifle is a PSE Ultralite from Eddie, the scope is a Swarovski Z5, mod is a Hardy Gen 5 and the barrel and action I'm sure you can sort! Been there with a Stiller Predator and 24" heavy sporter profile Lothar walther and it still only weighed 9.5lbs loaded :)

Mike

What's the overall length?

What's the anticipated cost of a none folder?

Fancy one of these in 7mm08.

Following this one with interest.

Just had my 6.5 brl arrive, now trying to decide on brl length..

Didn't think that that short barrels were that popular for 6.5x47.

Hi Keith,

first stop for that sub 10lb rifle is a PSE Ultralite from Eddie, the scope is a Swarovski Z5, mod is a Hardy Gen 5 and the barrel and action I'm sure you can sort! Been there with a Stiller Predator and 24" heavy sporter profile Lothar walther and it still only weighed 9.5lbs loaded :)

Mike

I needed to to be folding and adjustable , i can reduce weight on the stock but that means a fixed stock .

Keith

Sweet!

Its my demo for the actions i just twisted paddy arm to show off his skills sticking the barrel on ! I went 6.5 x 47 for no other reason that i think it is a good option for a short barrel based on a mate running one much shorter ! i had thought of gong 16'' but chickened out !!!

Archived