Dimples

Just weighed it, 1134gms, a non dimpled barrel of the same profile weight 1168gms, so weight saving is negligible, but the chicks dig it :lol:

That seems crazy-low...umm, did both barrels have barrel extensions fitted?! :)

That seems crazy-low...umm, did both barrels have barrel extensions fitted?! :)

34g of steel = approx 4.25 cm3 (excuse non metric unit!) using a nom RD for steel of 8g/cm3, so does seem low.

But what the heck, fluting etc. is a visible addition (and chicks dig it!), dimples are different, I personally like the 'skip' fluting.

Each to their own. Mark, keep playing :)

T

34g of steel = approx 4.25 cm3 (excuse non metric unit!) using a nom RD for steel of 8g/cm3, so does seem low.

But what the heck, fluting etc. is a visible addition (and chicks dig it!), dimples are different, I personally like the 'skip' fluting.

Each to their own. Mark, keep playing :)

T

Morse Code next :lol:

Reminds me also of the browning 1919 , iv seen similar from dolphin with the elongated dimple type ? But love this .

Mark,good to see some innovation over here.

There is really no end to this art: helical alternate dimple interrupted is just starting -it would give morse code,though actual messages would remove some symmetry (and be unreadable by most).

"Long Rifles" used to do it,as did the interestingly named "Twisted Barrels", in US.

gbal

Archived