New PR gun

I normally shoot Service class and will continue to at Bisley. However, I fancied a change at Diggle and started this season off in Practical class, mainly because I wanted to shoot some more of my guns, and have done pretty well with an AX .308 so far.

Decided however that I wanted another AR so took the opportunity to build one up from previously unused parts.

IMG_3177_zpsckmjxedq.jpg

The upper and lower receiver and also the hand guard are from Hera in Germany, and a ready source with none of the crap associated with American importing.

They are billet and very nice quality, with Type 3 anodising which is harder and more importantly , smoother. It makes mag insertions/dumps easier.

I popped the upper into the Milling machine and after half an hours very careful cutting, had a slot for the side charger.

IMG_3178_zpsmoe4xs67.jpg

This also left most of the cartridge kicker intact on the upper, which I personally like very much.

Fitted it with a Lilja heavy blank and my own 2 port brake, and it goes nowhere on firing. Trigger is a jewel, and the butt is a Magpul UBR.

The scope came from Hosepipe, and its lovely. The mount came from Daddypig, and is also...Lovely. :)

Something a bit different. It does,t shoot any different, or better than American uppers/lowers , but its a change. In line with my usual policy, I,ve bought this one for myself to test, before a customer gets one.

IMG_3179_zpspby5qdqs.jpg

Looks good, I've looked at getting these Hera components - though they are more expensive than the US Upper / Lowers.

Glad it shoots no different - sure you'l do well (as usual) :)

I,ll still be shooting off the mag Tel, Its just as accurate, and its far quicker than deploying a bipod.

The sling is the key. ;)

Another one venturing into it then?

Not sure yet, weighing some options, certainly a market there... :)

Archived